U.S. Blood Glucose Meter Study
Share This Page
The rising prevalence of diabetes has resulted in an increase in use of blood glucose meters. Because self-monitoring is a critical element of managing diabetes, it is essential that meter manufacturers understand the needs of this growing customer group, as well as their satisfaction with different meter brands and the features designed to ease the burden of frequent testing.
The J.D. Power Blood Glucose Meter StudySM compares the experiences of meter users nationwide and defines service benchmarks for their experiences. The study also provides insights on how product features drive satisfaction, as well as comparative information that benefits both manufacturers and consumers.
Specific areas addressed in the study include:
- Price and selection criteria when acquiring a meter
- Physical design and functionality of meter
- Meter features most commonly used
- Ease of meter operation
- Problems experienced and how they are resolved
- Training and/or educational materials provided for meter use
- Information source(s) used in meter selection
- Loyalty and intention to repurchase the same brand
- Demographics and customer profiles
Subscribers utilize Blood Glucose Meter Study findings for competitive information and in product marketing. Study findings allow your company to:
- Determine critical factors that influence customer satisfaction with blood glucose meters
- Quantify the importance of each factor on overall customer satisfaction
- Focus product innovations in the most critical performance areas
- Compare performance of major manufacturer brands
The Blood Glucose Meter Study is an important tool for listening to the voice of meter users, and compares their experiences across products and brands—identifying brands with the highest levels of satisfaction.