The new-vehicle marketplace is extremely competitive and crowded, with more than 235 models from which to choose and an additional 75 new or redesigned models coming to market in the near future. All of these product offerings compete for the attention of a small segment of consumers who will shop for new vehicles. Every manufacturer needs to understand how to focus their product development and marketing messages to help drive consideration among these consumers.
New-vehicle buyers limit their consideration set of models shopped on the Internet and at dealerships. To build consideration rates and to guide marketing strategies, manufacturers and suppliers must understand the extent of and reasons for avoidance.
The J.D. Power Avoider StudySM helps manufacturers increase new-vehicle shopper consideration rates, close rates, and sales by reducing avoidance of their models. The study investigates why new-vehicle buyers disregard models that are in the same competitive segment as the model that was purchased or eliminate them from consideration when shopping for a new vehicle, and provides insight to guide future product planning and marketing messages.
Subscription to this study provides access to the information necessary to understand new-vehicle buyers’ considerations and intentions when shopping for a new vehicle. This study will provide your company with the tools needed to:
- Identify new-vehicle buyers’ awareness of competitive models
- Investigate why new-vehicle buyers do not consider specific models
- Understand buyers’ opinions of the models they avoided, as well as their opinions of the brand image, quality and/or reliability, styling, maintenance/upkeep, cost, and safety of those models
- Understand why new-vehicle buyers reject or avoid specific models
- Discover why new-vehicle buyers purchase one particular model rather than competitive models
J.D. Power’s research solutions enable automotive companies to target those performance activities that have a direct impact on ROI.
Get Ready for the 2016 U.S. Avoider Study Release with Limited Time Insights:
The J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Avoider Study releases on January 13, 2016. For those seeking examples of the rich data the 2016 study will provide, we've made available, for a limited time, the top insights garnered from the 2015 study: