As the expectations of home appliance purchasers continue to evolve, retailers must understand their customers and their experiences to ensure and reap the benefits of high levels of customer satisfaction. Knowing how customers evaluate your company’s practices and services, compared with those of competitors, helps increase your competitive advantage by targeting performance improvement initiatives that may increase overall customer satisfaction as well as customer loyalty and recommendations, and create retailer loyalty.
The J.D. Power Appliance Retailer Satisfaction StudySM measures customer satisfaction with appliance retailers by examining seven factors (in order of importance): Sales Staff and Service; Store Facility; Price; Delivery Service; Sales and Promotions; Merchandise; and Installation Service. The study, which provides the appliance retailer industry with insights into the evolving needs and demands of customers, includes the following objectives:
- Measure satisfaction among customers who recently purchased an appliance at a major home appliance retailer
- Provide an understanding of awareness and how customers view retailers
- Examine customer shopping patterns and brand-level consideration
- Gauge how customers shop at appliance retailers
- Measure product quality and/or problems experienced
- Deliver insights into the drivers of customer loyalty and commitment