J.D. Power and Associates Privacy and Cookie Notice - Joint Study
Share This Page
This notice governs the information that J.D. Power and Associates ("JDPA") collects from survey respondents when we receive your information from one of our clients as part of an ongoing customer experience tracking program.
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ("PII") DOES JDPA COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- Contact information provided by our client, including your name, title and organization, address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address. If you download a mobile app from JDPA, the app may collect the type of mobile device you use, the device's unique ID and IP address, your mobile operating system, the type of browsers you use, and information about the location of your mobile device.
- Your responses to questions that we ask you as part of our market research activities.
WHY DOES JDPA COLLECT PII?
- To conduct market research into your preferences and attitudes about your experience with our client.
HOW DOES JDPA SHARE YOUR PII?
- With our vendors to perform services on our behalf.
- With our client, subject to your consent on the survey you complete.
- Potentially in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business.
- When legally compelled or for other legal purposes.
IF YOU WANT TO LIMIT USE OR SHARING OF YOUR PII FOR MARKETING PURPOSES:
Since the primary purpose of this site is to collect consumer information for the purposes of market research, if you do not want to share your PII, you should not complete the survey.
If you want to limit use or sharing of your PII, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or:
J.D. Power and Associates
2625 Townsgate Road, Suite 100
Westlake Village, CA 91361
We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use. Since JDPA has a global research team to serve its global customers, your PII may be stored in a secure location in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Singapore, Japan, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, or Thailand. Access is limited to authorized persons.
To review and confirm the accuracy of your PII, or to contact us with concerns or questions, please write to us at the above e-mail or postal address.
MOBILE APP USAGE
If you download a mobile app from JDPA, the mobile app obtains the information you provide when you download the app. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, user name, and password. In addition, the app may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the device's unique ID and IP address, your mobile operating system, the type of browsers you use, and information about the location of your mobile device. You can stop all collection of information by the app by uninstalling it.
Please note that by using this site, you consent to the use of the cookies described below.
"Strictly necessary" cookies, which have to be set to allow us to deliver the site to you and to provide specific services that you request from us. The services offered by this site that require cookies to function include:
- account log-in
- shopping basket/online store
- comments/blog features
"Performance" or "Analytics" cookies, which help us to collect information about how visitors use our site, and helps us with site analysis and improvements. Performance or analytics cookies will remain on your computer after you close your browser, but cannot be used to identify you personally.
"Functionality" cookies, which allow our site to remember your choices or preferences, such as information on online forms or previous orders. These cookies allow us to offer you a personalized experience while using the site. They are not used to track your browsing activity on other Web sites.
You can change your Web browser's Internet preferences to disable or delete cookies, although that may affect certain functions on this site. To learn how to manage your cookies, please follow the instructions from your specific browser, or follow the links below:
If you are visiting this site using a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet, please refer to the manufacturer's instructions on how to manage cookies.
Last updated: August 2013. Future revisions to this Privacy and Cookie Notice will be posted at this location.