2014 Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study
Share This Page
As the demands of electric utility residential customers continue to evolve, it is imperative that utility companies stay up to date regarding their customers’ needs and expectations. Utilities that understand their customers’ attitudes, behaviors, and preferences are better able to target performance improvement initiatives that may increase overall customer satisfaction.
The J.D. Power 2014 Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM measures residential customer satisfaction with large and midsize electric utility companies in four US regions: East, Midwest, South, and West. The study examines satisfaction across six factors—Power Quality and Reliability; Price; Billing and Payment; Communications; Corporate Citizenship; and Customer Service.
The study allows utilities to:
- Measure critical components driving overall satisfaction among electric utility residential customers
- Align strategic planning and improvement initiatives with core customer expectations, desires, and needs
- Benchmark customer satisfaction performance among large and midsize electric utilities throughout the United States
Study subscription will provide access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your utility company is performing from the perspective of residential customers and to identify areas needing improvement.
- Third-party evaluations provide unbiased information that measures customer satisfaction, operations effectiveness, corporate outreach, and company brand qualities, which may be used in corporate goal setting
- On-site executive presentation and management insights to improve performance, which include customized strategic recommendations, study results, ongoing best practices, and analyses of high-performing electric utilities
- Access to information through unparalleled reporting tools, data access, what-if simulators, raw data, and quarterly reporting on all 140-plus survey questions, which enables customized score optimization, and peer set and benchmark analyses