In 2010, The Guardian Retirement SolutionsTM was looking for a way to get better and be recognized for delivering outstanding customer service from their customer care organization. After looking at multiple options, The Guardian Retirement Solutions chose to work with J.D. Power, and have been certified in their live phone channel since 2011.
To remain competitive and meet its own financial goals Guardian has sought new ways to distinguish themselves in the marketplace, encourage high employee retention and productivity, and inspire strong customer loyalty through excellent service.
“Our goal is to be the go to provider in the annuity and 401(k) marketplace, providing value added product, strong distribution support, and exceptionally high levels of customer service,” says Mike Cefole, Senior Vice President and Profit Center Officer of Retirement Solutions.
Tangible Results At-A-Glance
- Higher Customer Satisfaction - Even as a high-performer, The Guardian moved up from an 843 index score out of 1,000 to an 873 after its first year in the program; NPS rose from 39% to 49% in three years
- Savings of $592k in training costs over three years thanks to reduced agent attrition - In 2012, Guardian had a call center staff attrition rate of 16.10%, which fell to 9.3% in 2013 and to 6.25% in 2014
- Increase in Sales - Between 2010 and 2011, after certification, Guardian’s Annuity and 401k business grew collectively by 47%—and it grew again between 2011 and 2012 by 36%
- Better Operational Scores - Improved from attaining 91% of Certification Criteria (best practices) in 2011 to 98% in 2014
How The J.D Power Certification is Uniquely Impactful
- “This is absolutely a crown jewel for us in terms of the achievement of the award.”
- “When you think of being recognized for anything great, top of the industry, top of the line, you think of J.D. Power. It’s such a recognized name.”
- “People know that J.D. Power represents an exceptionally high standard that we want to make sure we’re holding ourselves accountable to.”
- “It was the highest measurement by standards of all companies, not just insurance companies or investment companies.”