J.D. Power Privacy and Cookie Notice
Share This Page
At J.D. Power and Associates ("JDPA"), we conduct market research across a variety of industries to understand the Voice of the Customer.
JDPA maintains two main websites: jdpower.com for consumers, businesses, and the media; and businesscenter.jdpower.com for our corporate clients.
JDPA conducts many different types of research. If you have completed a survey from JDPA, we will use your information to help our clients better understand your needs and preferences.
The JDPA privacy notice is organized to answer your questions regarding how JDPA uses the information you provide us and governs the information J.D. Power and Associates ("JDPA") collects from various sources, including:
- Survey respondents for market research studies that are 100% owned by JDPA, which are conducted to understand consumer preferences and attitudes across an entire industry or market;
- Survey respondents when we receive your information from one of our clients as part of an ongoing customer experience tracking program;
- Information we collect as part of our Power Information Network (PIN) operations;
- Website users, including users of www.jdpower.com or users of the J.D. Power Business Center website at http://businesscenter.jdpower.com
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ("PII") DOES JDPA COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- Contact information that you provide to us or that is provided to us by our clients, such as your name, title and organization, address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address.
- Your responses to questions that we ask you as part of our market research activities.
WHY DOES JDPA COLLECT PII?
- To conduct market research into consumer preferences and attitudes around a variety of products and services.
- To conduct market research on behalf of our clients regarding consumer preferences and experiences.
- To verify consumer responses if needed to ensure the accuracy of our research.
- To process transactions and respond to inquiries.
- To maintain accounts on our client-facing websites.
- To provide clients with information about services and products offered by JDPA and other parts of our parent company, McGraw Hill Financial ("MHFI") that we believe may be of interest.
HOW DOES JDPA SHARE YOUR PII?
- With our vendors to perform services on our behalf.
- In connection with research that JDPA conducts on behalf of a specific client, we may share PII with our client, subject to survey respondents’ consent. In these research studies, both the JDPA brand and the brand of the JDPA client will appear.
- With other parts of McGraw Hill Financial.
- For JDPA websites that serve our corporate clients, including the J.D. Power Business Center, PIN sites, and our online delivery platforms, we may share with your employer to ensure you are authorized to use our products and services and to track your usage as part of our contractual agreement with your employer.
- Potentially in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business.
- When legally compelled or for other legal purposes.
In connection with these legitimate business purposes, your PII may potentially be shared outside of the country where it was collected, anywhere in the world.
IF YOU WANT TO LIMIT USE OR SHARING OF YOUR PII FOR MARKETING PURPOSES:
If you want to limit use or sharing of your PII, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or:
J.D. Power and Associates
2625 Townsgate Road, Suite 100
Westlake Village, CA 91361
We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use.
JDPA has a global research team to serve its global customers, and your PII may be stored in a secure location in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Singapore, Japan, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, or Thailand. Access is limited to authorized persons.
INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) LOGS
Please note that by using this site, you consent to the use of the cookies described below.
"Strictly necessary" cookies, which have to be set to allow us to deliver the site to you and to provide specific services that you request from us. The services offered by this site that require cookies to function include:
- account log-in
- shopping basket/online store
- comments/blog features
"Performance" or "Analytics" cookies, which help us to collect information about how visitors use our site, and helps us with site analysis and improvements. Performance or analytics cookies will remain on your computer after you close your browser, but cannot be used to identify you personally.
"Functionality" cookies, which allow our site to remember your choices or preferences, such as information on online forms or previous orders. These cookies allow us to offer you a personalized experience while using the site. They are not used to track your browsing activity on other Web sites.
You can change your Web browser's Internet preferences to disable or delete cookies, although that may affect certain functions on this site. To learn how to manage your cookies, please follow the instructions from your specific browser, or follow the links below:
If you are visiting this site using a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet, please refer to the manufacturer's instructions on how to manage cookies.
Until "Do Not Track" protocol has been finalized, this site's information collection and disclosure practices, and the choices that it provides to consumers, will continue to operate as described in this Privacy and Cookie Notice, whether or not a Do Not Track signal is received.
MOBILE APP USAGE
If you download a mobile app from JDPA, the mobile app obtains the information you provide when you download the app. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, user name, and password. In addition, the app may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the device’s unique ID and IP address, your mobile operating system, the type of browsers you use, and information about the location of your mobile device. You can stop all collection of information by the app by uninstalling it.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
To review and confirm the accuracy of your PII, or to contact us with concerns or questions, please write to us at email@example.com or Privacy Official, JDPA, 2625 Townsgate Rd, Suite 100, Westlake Village, CA 91361.
This notice is effective as of October 2014. Future revisions to this Privacy and Cookie Notice will be posted at this location.