WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 8 October 2015 — Delta Air Lines Premium Sales and Service has been recognized for contact center operation customer service excellence for its live phone channel for a second consecutive year under the J.D. Power Certified Contact Center Program.SM
The Certified Contact Center Program distinction acknowledges a strong commitment by Delta Air Lines Premium Sales and Service contact center operations to provide “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience.”
- The contact centers successfully passed a detailed audit of more than 100 practices that encompass their recruiting, training, employee incentives, management roles and responsibilities and quality assurance capabilities.
- As part of its evaluation, J.D. Power conducted a random survey of Delta Air Lines Premium Sales and Service customers who recently contacted its contact centers in Cincinnati, OH; Chisholm, MN; Minneapolis, MN; and Salt Lake City, UT.
For Certification Status:
- A contact center must perform within the top 20 percent of customer service scores, which are based on benchmarks established in J.D. Power’s cross-industry customer satisfaction research.
- The evaluation criteria include the customer service representative’s courtesy, knowledge and concern for the customer; promptness in speaking to a person; and timely resolution of the problem or request.
- The experience with the automated phone system is evaluated on the clarity of the information provided; ease of navigating the phone menu prompts; and ease of understanding the phone menu instructions.
“Congratulations to the Delta Air Lines Premium Sales and Service team on their second consecutive certification, which embodies their tremendous commitment to providing an outstanding customer experience via the live phone channel,” said Mark Miller, contact center practice leader, J.D. Power. “Our research indicates that customers calling the Delta Air Lines Premium Sales and Service team rated them particularly well on the automated phone system as well as on their representatives’ courtesy, knowledge and concern; timeliness of resolution; and promptness in speaking to the representative.”
“We are honored to once again achieve this respected distinction from J.D. Power based on the high level of customer service provided by our Premium Sales and Service specialists,” said Charisse Evans, vice president for Delta reservation sales and customer care. “I am extremely proud of our dedicated reservation sales and customer care colleagues, who, along with the support of nearly 80,000 Delta employees worldwide, continue to raise the bar by exceeding our customers’ expectations.”
Launched by J.D. Power in 2004 to evaluate overall customer satisfaction with live phone interactions and to help organizations in various industries increase their efficiency and effectiveness by establishing and continually updating leading practices for handling service calls, the Certified Call Center Program is now called the Certified Contact Center Program, which certifies the live phone channel, the IVR self-service channel and the Web self-service channel.
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; email@example.com
Brian Kruse; Delta Air Lines; 404-715-1269; Brian.A.Kruse@delta.com
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Ruleswww.jdpower.com/about/index.htm
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power. www.jdpower.com
Follow us on Twitter @jdpower