Understanding the Viewpoint of Customers during the Product Planning and Design Stages Is Key to Increasing Customer Loyalty
Share This Page
Honda N-ONE; Subaru Forester; Toyota Alphard; and Volkswagen Polo Rank Highest in Their Respective Segments in New-Vehicle Appeal in Japan
2013 APEAL Ranking Highlights
- Mini-car segment: Honda N-ONE ranks highest, followed by the Daihatsu Mira Cocoa and Honda N BOX.
- Compact segment: Volkswagen Polo ranks highest, followed by Toyota Spade, Nissan Juke, and Suzuki Swift and Toyota AQUA in a tie.
- Midsize segment: Subaru Forester ranks highest, followed by Mazda CX-5 and Volkswagen Golf/ Golf Cabriolet/ Golf Variant in a tie.
- Minivan segment: Toyota Alphard ranks highest, followed by Toyota Vellfire and Toyota Estima.
- The 2013 Japan Winter Tire Customer Satisfaction Index Study, which measures overall customer satisfaction with winter tires, was released in May.
- The 2013 Japan Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study, which measures satisfaction with the new-vehicle sales process, was released in August.
- The 2013 Japan Initial Quality Study (IQS), which measures problems experienced by new-vehicle owners during the first two to nine months of ownership, was released in late August.
- The 2013 Japan Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study, which measures overall customer satisfaction with service performed at automotive dealer facilities, was released in late September.
- The 2013 Japan Original Equipment Tire Satisfaction Study, which measures customer satisfaction with original equipment tires, will be released in October.
- The 2013 Japan Navigation Systems Customer Satisfaction Index Study, which measures customer satisfaction with OEMs and aftermarket navigation systems, will be released in October.
- The 2013 Japan Replacement Tire Satisfaction Study, which measures customer satisfaction with replacement tires, will be released in October.
About J.D. Power Asia Pacific
J.D. Power Asia Pacific has offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai and Bangkok that conduct customer satisfaction research and provide consulting services in the automotive, information technology and finance industries. Together, the five offices bring the language of customer satisfaction to consumers and businesses in China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand. Information regarding J.D. Power Asia Pacific and its products can be accessed through the Internet at japan.jdpower.com. Media e-mail contact: email@example.com
About J.D. Power
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power is a business unit of McGraw-Hill Financial.
About McGraw Hill Financial
McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI) is a leading financial intelligence company providing the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The Company's iconic brands include: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power, and McGraw Hill Construction. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com.
Media Relations Contacts:
Shizue Hidaka; J.D. Power Asia Pacific; Toranomon 45 MT Bldg. 8F; 5-1-5 Toranomon; Minato-ku, Tokyo; Japan 105-0001; Phone +81-3-4550-8090 firstname.lastname@example.org
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power. www.jdpower.com/corporate
# # #