WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 12 April 2016 — Thomasville ranks highest in customer satisfaction with kitchen cabinets, according to the J.D. Power 2016 Kitchen Cabinet Satisfaction Study,SM released today.
The study measures customer satisfaction with kitchen cabinets by examining five factors (in alphabetical order): design features; operational performance; ordering and delivery; price; and warranty. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.
“One of the most critical times in a remodel or new construction is when customers order their kitchen cabinets. This is a prime opportunity for a manufacturer’s salesperson to make a significant impression on their customers,”said Greg Truex, senior director of the at-home practice at J.D. Power. “Customer satisfaction increases significantly when the salesperson explains the ordering and delivery process as thoroughly as possible. Ensuring the order is correct up front and providing accurate delivery timing can lessen the stress and heighten overall satisfaction, loyalty and the likelihood to recommend the kitchen cabinet brand to friends and family.”
Kitchen Cabinet Brand Satisfaction Rankings
- Thomasville (821) ranks highest in customer satisfaction among kitchen cabinet brands for the second time since 2013 and performs particularly well in four of the five factors: ordering and delivery, operational performance, design features and warranty.
- Thomasville scores significantly higher than the study average in the ordering and delivery factor (843 vs. 819, respectively), driven by strong attribute ratings for condition of products at delivery and timeliness of delivery. Thomasville’s ordering and delivery score improves by 6 points from 2015.
- SEKTION (IKEA) (805) ranks second highest among kitchen cabinet brands.
- Overall customer satisfaction with kitchen cabinet brands is 797, up from 794 in 2015.
Following are some of the findings of the 2016 study.
- Ordering and Delivery Drives Satisfaction: Ordering and delivery is the most important factor driving overall satisfaction. Satisfaction is significantly higher among customers whose salesperson explained the ordering process than among those who did not receive an explanation (820 vs. 754, respectively). Additionally, satisfaction is significantly higher among customers whose kitchen cabinets were delivered as ordered than among those whose delivery was not received as ordered (814 vs. 714, respectively). Further, satisfaction is significantly higher among those whose kitchen cabinets were delivered on the date promised than among customers whose cabinets were not delivered on the promised date (815 vs. 714, respectively).
- Satisfaction Drives Loyalty: Among delighted customers (overall satisfaction scores of 901 and above), 69% say they “definitely will” repurchase the brand, compared with the study average of 32%. Additionally, 76% of delighted kitchen cabinet customers say they “definitely will” recommend the brand to others, compared with the study average of 38%.
- Kitchen Remodels Mostly First-Time Kitchen Cabinet Buyers: More than one-half (51%) of purchases are for full kitchen remodels, compared with 39% for a partial remodel. Two-thirds (66%) of the study’s respondents are first-time kitchen cabinet buyers. For the remaining 34% of respondents, it has been nine years, on average, since their last purchase.
- Delightful Experience Influences Recommendations: Among delighted customers, the average number of positive recommendations is 7.3, compared with the study average of 5.0.
The 2016 Kitchen Cabinet Satisfaction Study is based on responses from 2,074 customers who purchased kitchen cabinets within the previous 12 months. The study was fielded in January and February 2016.
For more information about the J.D. Power Kitchen Cabinet Satisfaction Study,SM visit http://www.jdpower.com/resource/us-kitchen-cabinet-satisfaction-study
See the online press release at http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-kitchen-cabinet-satisfaction-study
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; firstname.lastname@example.org
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/about-us/press-release-info