WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 3 November 2015 — Canon ranks highest in customer satisfaction with multi-function inkjet printers, performing particularly well in reliability, performance, price paid and customer service, according to the J.D. Power 2015 Multi-Function Inkjet Printer Satisfaction ReportSM released today.
The report measures multi-function inkjet printer satisfaction based on six factors (in order of importance): performance; reliability; ease of operation; variety of features; price paid; and customer service. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.
For more information about the 2015 Multi-Function Inkjet Printer Satisfaction Report, visit http://www.jdpower.com/resource/more-industries
Overall satisfaction among multi-function inkjet printer customers is 850 in 2015, down by 7 points from 2014. Satisfaction declines slightly year over year across all factors, with a notable drop in the customer service (-23 points) and ease of operation (-12) factors.
“While performance and reliability remain most important among multi-function inkjet printer owners, ease of operation and customer service has emerged as problematic this year,” said Christina Cooley, director in the diversified services industries practice at J.D. Power. “If customers who have difficulty operating their printers call customer service for help but then have a poor experience resolving their problem, the perception of printer quality is diminished. The printers that perform well, are dependable, and are user-friendly will have the best opportunity to delight customers and maintain loyalty and advocacy for the brand.”
- Among customers who rate overall satisfaction 10 (outstanding) on a 10-point scale, 81 percent say they “definitely will” purchase another multi-function inkjet printer from the brand they currently own in the future, compared with the report average of 50 percent.
- As satisfaction increases, shoppers are more likely to provide positive recommendations to family members, friends or colleagues. On average, customers who rate overall satisfaction 10 provide 5.6 positive recommendations, compared with an average of 2.5 among those who rate overall satisfaction 8.
- Fully 66 percent of customers purchase multi-function inkjet printers in a store, followed by 32 percent who purchase online.
- Price is the primary reason for choosing a multi-function inkjet printer brand (68%), followed by brand reputation (49%) and previous experience with brand (45%).
- The average price paid for a multi-function inkjet printer is $144.
Canon (858) ranks highest and Hewlett-Packard (HP) (853) ranks second.
The 2015 Multi-Function Inkjet Printer Satisfaction Report is based on responses from 2,116 verified owners of multi-function inkjet printers. The study was fielded in May 2015.
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; firstname.lastname@example.org
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/corporate
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com