WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 16 July 2015 — Bosch, LG, and Samsung rank highest in customer satisfaction in multiple laundry and kitchen appliance segments, according to the J.D. Power 2015 Laundry Appliance Satisfaction StudySM and the J.D. Power 2015 Kitchen Appliance Satisfaction StudySM released today.
The Laundry Appliance Satisfaction Study and the Kitchen Appliance Satisfaction Study measure customer satisfaction with 11 appliance segments across six factors (in alphabetical order): ease of use; features; operational performance; price; styling/appearance; and warranty. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.
“With respect to major home appliances, most brands meet the basic needs of customers; however, high-performing brands differentiate themselves on key performance indicators such as features, operational performance or styling and appearance to drive satisfaction,” said Christina Cooley, director of home improvement industries at J.D. Power. “The question really becomes what performance indicators are most important to customers and which brands excel in those areas for the particular appliances a customer is interested to find. As manufacturers strive to sell more bundled packages of kitchen and laundry appliances, the ability to consistently differentiate products across appliance segments is key to delighting customers, building the brand and driving repeat sales and loyalty.”
Brand Rankings and Performance
Samsung: Four Awards
- Samsung ranks highest in all three laundry segments: front-load washer (846), top-load washer (836) and clothes dryer (849), and also ranks highest in the French door refrigerator segment (841).
- Samsung performs particularly well in styling/appearance across all four aforementioned segments.
LG: Three Awards
- LG ranks highest in three kitchen appliance segments, including two refrigerator segments: side-by-side (841) and top-mount freezer (797), in addition to freestanding range (844).
- LG performs particularly well in features, operational performance and styling/appearance across all three aforementioned segments.
- In the side-by-side refrigerator segment, LG performs particularly well across all six factors; in the top-mount freezer refrigerator segment, LG performs particularly well in five factors.
Bosch: Two Awards
- Bosch ranks highest in two segments: cooktops (810) and dishwashers (835).
- Bosch performs well in features for cooktops and in styling/appearance for dishwashers and performs particularly well in operational performance in both segments.
GE Appliances and Kenmore Elite: One Award Each
- GE Appliances rank highest in wall ovens (818), performing particularly well in ease of use and operational performance.
- Kenmore Elite ranks highest in over-the-range microwaves (815), performing particularly well in price.
About the Studies
The Laundry Appliance Satisfaction Study and the Kitchen Appliance Satisfaction Study, now in their 10th and 11th years, respectively, measure customer satisfaction in eleven segments of major home appliances: clothes washers (front-load washers and top-load washers are measured separately); clothes dryers; dishwashers; cooking appliances (cooktops, ranges and ovens are measured separately); over-the-range microwaves; and refrigerators (French door refrigerators, side-by-side refrigerators and top-mount freezer refrigerators are measured separately).
The 2015 Laundry Appliance Satisfaction Study is based on more than 7,000 evaluations from customers who purchased clothes washers and/or clothes dryers during the past 24 months. The study was fielded in January and February 2015.
The 2015 Kitchen Appliance Satisfaction Study is based on more than 4,100 evaluations from customers who purchased dishwashers; more than 5,600 evaluations from customers who purchased cooking appliances; more than 2,900 evaluations from customers who purchased over-the-range microwaves; and more than 7,000 evaluations from customers who purchased refrigerators during the past 24 months. The study was fielded in January and February 2015. For additional information regarding J.D. Power solutions for the home improvement industry visit: http://www.jdpower.com/industry/home-improvement
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; firstname.lastname@example.org
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/about-us/press-release-info
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com