Miele Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Both Upright and Canister Vacuums
Share This Page
Performance and Ease of Use Are Strongest Drivers of Overall Satisfaction
- Performance and ease of use are the most important factors among customers of both canister and upright vacuums.
- On average, there is only a $23 gap in price between canister ($244) and upright ($221) vacuums.
- Suction power is the highest-rated attribute among both canister and upright vacuum customers, and is the only attribute to receive a rating above eight (on a 10-point scale).
- When considering an upright or canister vacuum, focus on your needs. Based on the layout of your home, floor types, and specific needs (e.g., pets and allergies), determine which type and brand of vacuum will be best for you.
- There is a significant price difference across brands. Rather than making a quick decision for the short term, invest in a vacuum for the long term to ensure your needs are met and to maximize the cost of use over time.
- Do not assume a vacuum with more features is necessarily better. It is more important to purchase a vacuum that meets your specific needs.
About J.D. Power and Associates
Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company providing forecasting, performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), a financial intelligence and education company, signed an agreement to sell its McGraw-Hill Education business to investment funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, LLC in November 2012. Following the sale closing, expected in early 2013, the Company will be renamed McGraw Hill Financial (subject to shareholder approval) and will be a powerhouse in benchmarks, content and analytics for the global capital and commodity markets. The Company's leading brands will include: Standard & Poor's, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, Crisil, J.D. Power and Associates, McGraw-Hill Construction and Aviation Week. The Company will have approximately 17,000 employees in more than 30 countries. Additional information is available at www.mcgraw-hill.com.
Media Relations Contacts:
John Tews; J.D. Power and Associates; Troy, Mich.; (248) 680-6218; firstname.lastname@example.org
Syvetril Perryman; Westlake Village, Calif.; (805) 418-8103; email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @JDPower
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power and Associates. www.jdpower.com/corporate