Both Apple and Samsung Lead in Overall Satisfaction Performance among the U.S. Wireless Tier 1 Carriers, Excelling in All Smartphone Experience Factors
Share This Page
Apple Smartphone Devices Rank Highest among Customers of AT&T and Verizon Wireless Carriers; Samsung Ranks Highest among Sprint and T-Mobile Customers
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 17 October 2013 — Apple and Samsung are the only smartphone brands to achieve overall satisfaction scores that are at or above the study average in all four performance factors, according to the J.D. Power 2013 U.S. Wireless Smartphone Satisfaction StudySM—Volume 2 released today.
- Overall satisfaction with smartphone devices is highest among AT&T customers (843), followed by Sprint (835); T-Mobile (825); and Verizon Wireless (825) customers1.
- Among Apple smartphone owners, satisfaction with their overall experience is highest among Verizon Wireless customers (861). Among Samsung smartphone owners, satisfaction is highest among Sprint customers (853).
- Smartphone models that perform particularly well across all four U.S. wireless Tier 1 carriers include (by OEM in alphabetical order): Apple iPhone 5; Blackberry Z10; Nokia Lumia 920 and Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- The primary reasons for purchasing a smartphone device differ by carrier. Sprint customers are more likely to purchase their smartphone device because of phone features, while T-Mobile customers are more likely to select their smartphone due to price.
- Overall customer satisfaction among smartphone owners is 833 on a 1,000-point scale.
Media Relations Contacts:
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; (248) 680-6218; firstname.lastname@example.org
Syvetril Perryman; Westlake Village, Calif.; (805) 418-8103; email@example.com
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/corporate
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com.