- Overall customer satisfaction among television service customers is 699 on a 1,000-point scale.
- Satisfaction is 741 among customers who do not experience a loss of signal--82 points higher than among those who do experience a loss signal outage (659).
- Approximately two-thirds (67%) of customers have experienced some type of service outage during the past 12 months, with 51 percent experiencing loss of signal.
- Other types of service outages experienced by customers include picture freezing (38%), post channel picture delay (26%) and picture tiling (19%).
- Performance and reliability is the most critical factor driving overall satisfaction and meeting customer expectations.
- The average monthly bill for television service is $87.
About J.D. Power
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power is a business unit of McGraw-Hill Financial.
About McGraw Hill Financial
McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI) is a leading financial intelligence company providing the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The Company's iconic brands include: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power, and McGraw Hill Construction. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com.
Media Relations Contacts:
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; (248) 680-6218; firstname.lastname@example.org
Syvetril Perryman; Westlake Village, Calif.; (805) 418-8103; email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @JDPower
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power. www.jdpower.com/corporate
- Technology, Media & Telecom
- Wireline Providers
Headline (Press release headline):
Subhead (Press release subhead, if applicable):
AT&T U-verse (North Central), DIRECTV (South), DISH Network (West) and Verizon FiOS (East) Rank Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Television Service Providers in Their Respective Regions
Not only is loss of signal the most frequently mentioned service outage, but it also has the greatest negative impact on customer satisfaction and future loyalty, according to the J.D. Power 2013 U.S. Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySM released today.