Managing Expectations for Service Restoration Becomes Critical as Outage-Related Issues Take a Toll on Performance and Reliability Satisfaction with Residential Telephone Service
Share This Page
Verizon Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the East, West and South Regions, while WOW! (Wide Open West) Ranks Highest in the North Central Region
- Overall customer satisfaction among telephone service customers is 710 on a 1,000-point scale.
- Satisfaction is 727 among customers who do not experience a service outage--85 points higher than among those who do experience at least one service outage (642).
- Nearly one-fourth (21%) of customers indicate experiencing a service outage during the past year.
- Performance and reliability is the most critical factor in driving overall satisfaction and meeting customer expectations.
- The incidence of customers who indicate they plan to drop their current telephone service during the next 12 months increases by 46 percent among those who have experienced a service outage, compared with those who have not experienced an outage (15% vs. 8%, respectively).
- The average monthly bill for telephone service is $45.
About J.D. Power
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power is a business unit of McGraw-Hill Financial.
About McGraw Hill Financial
McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI) is a leading financial intelligence company providing the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The Company's iconic brands include: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power, and McGraw Hill Construction. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com.
Media Relations Contacts:
Follow us on Twitter: @JDPower
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power. www.jdpower.com/corporate