Satisfaction Is Highest among Wireless Customers Who Use Their Carriers' Online Service and Sales Channels
Share This Page
SaskTel and Koodo Mobile Rank Highest in Wireless Customer Satisfaction For a Second Consecutive Year
TORONTO: 9 May 2013 — For the first time, satisfaction is notably higher among wireless customers who use online self-service channels for both service and sales issues than among those who use the traditional call centres and in-store channels, according to the J.D Power & Associates 2013 Canadian Wireless Total Ownership Experience StudySM released today.
- The average reported wireless monthly phone bill is $77, an increase of $9 from 2012.
- Among the 49 percent of customers with a data package, the average monthly spend is $86 vs. $65 among the 51 percent who do not have a data package.
- One-half of full-service customers with a smartphone use a mobile application to contact/monitor their carrier regarding service issues.
- Smartphone market penetration increases to 63 percentage points in 2013, up by 9 percentage points from 2012.
The study examines wireless customer perceptions of their service; mobile phone (for both traditional mobile phones and smartphone devices); and retail experiences. Satisfaction is measured in seven factors: network quality; cost of service; account management; offerings and promotions; customer service; handset; and sales process. Carriers are ranked in two segments, full-service and stand-alone, which are differentiated by the range of products and services offered, as well as the ability of customers to bundle wireless services with other offerings.
- 49 percent of customers report having data packages with an average monthly spend of $86.
- 51 percent of customers who do not have a data package report an average spend of $65 per month.
- Customers connect to the mobile Web an average of eight times per day and check mobile email an average of 11 times daily.
- Customers also send and receive 30 texts in a 48-hour span, on average, compared with 26 in 2012.
About J.D. Power & Associates
Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power & Associates is a global marketing information services company providing forecasting, performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power & Associates is a business unit of McGraw-Hill Financial.
About McGraw Hill Financial
McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE:MHP), a financial intelligence company, is a leader in credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics for the global capital and commodity markets. Iconic brands include: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power & Associates, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com..
Media Relations Contacts:
Gal Wilder; Cohn & Wolfe; Toronto, Canada; (647) 259-3261; firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Daniher; Cohn & Wolfe; Toronto, Canada; (647) 259-3279; email@example.com
John Tews; J.D. Power and Associates; Troy, Mich.; (248) 680-6218; firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @JDPower
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power and Associates. www.jdpower.com/corporate