In today’s digital age, consumers research product information in a variety of different ways—and often at the click of a button. It’s critical for automotive manufacturers and third-party website companies to maximize the ability to engage with and assist shoppers in their search for newvehicle information. It’s equally important to understand how shoppers utilize digital information on websites and apps through a variety of devices including smartphones and tablets—in order to determine the most effective ways to reach in-market shoppers effectively across the digital landscape.
The J.D. Power U.S. New Autoshopper StudySM is a comprehensive analysis of automotive consumer shopping patterns across the traditional Internet, mobile Internet, and mobile apps. The study examines how shoppers use digital automotive information during their new-vehicle shopping process.
Study highlights include:
- How shoppers use digital devices (computers, gaming consoles, smartphones, and tablets) and digital properties (websites and apps) to gather information prior to purchase
- How far in advance of purchase they begin the shopping process
- Which websites are visited most frequently and which sites are most useful during the shopping process
Study subscription will provide in-depth information that allows you to understand:
- The percentage of new-vehicle shoppers who use digital information at industry, segment, make, and model levels
- The impact and influence of digital information on new-vehicle purchase decisions
- Which shoppers aren’t visiting your site and how to attract them to your site
- How enhancements to OEM and dealer websites impact new-vehicle purchase decisions
- The top information sources shoppers use and their importance in narrowing down the final vehicle selection
- Demographic and psychographic profiles of Automotive Internet Users (AIUs), defined as buyers who use the Internet in their new-vehicle shopping process
J.D. Power’s research solutions enable automotive manufacturers and third-party website companies to target those performance activities that have a direct impact on ROI.
Access 2015 Study Insights!
For a limited time, 2015 NAS insights are available for those seeking examples of the rich data the study provides.