J.D. Power Special Power Report: NJM
Share This Page
NJM Excels in Personal Auto Insurance Customer Satisfaction in Mid-Atlantic Region
According to the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Auto Insurance Study,SM NJM Insurance Co. (NJM) demonstrates strong performance in satisfying personal auto insurance customers. With an overall satisfaction score of 874 (on a 1,000-point scale), NJM exceeds both the Mid-Atlantic region and the national average in the 2017 study by 55 points. Additionally, NJM performs higher than the Mid-Atlantic region average in each of the five factors that comprise customer satisfaction with the auto insurance experience, including Interaction, Policy Offerings, Price, Billing Process and Policy Information, and Claims.
2017 U.S. AUTO INSURANCE STUDY FACTOR SCORES
(Based on a 1,000-point scale)
Source: J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Auto Insurance StudySM
NJM performance highlights in each factor include:
- NJM’s overall Interaction score is 887—28 points higher than the Mid-Atlantic region average of 859.
- Nearly all (95%) NJM customers indicate they did not experience a problem during the previous 12 months.
- NJM achieves a 4-point year-over-year increase in the Call Center channel, driven by higher customer ratings in the courtesy of the representative and promptness in speaking to a person.
- With a Policy Offerings score of 878, NJM performs 59 points higher than the Mid-Atlantic region and national average of 819.
- NJM scores significantly higher than the national average in all six Policy Offerings attributes. In particular, NJM excels at providing policies that meet the needs of its customers.
- NJM’s score in the Price factor is 827, which outperforms the Mid-Atlantic region average (742) by 85 points, and outperforms the national average (735) by 92 points.
Billing Process and Policy Information
- NJM’s Billing Process and Policy Information score of 874 in 2017 is 55 points higher than the Mid-Atlantic region average (819) and 58 points higher than the national average of 816.
- Nearly all (96%) NJM customers indicate not having experienced an error on their billing statement, which compares favorably with the Mid-Atlantic region average of 92%.
- Claims satisfaction for NJM is 909, which is 59 points higher than the Mid-Atlantic region average of 850 and 47 points higher than the national average of 862.
NJM Insurance Co. is an insurance provider open to New Jersey Business & Industry Association members and their employees, and New Jersey public sector employees. The company also writes personal auto insurance for Pennsylvania residents without membership requirements.