2009 Full-Service Moving Company Customer Satisfaction Study
Other highlights from the 2009 Full-Service Moving Company Customer Satisfaction Study include:
- Mayflower Transit improves substantially from 2008 to rank highest in 2009 with a score of 831. Mayflower Transit performs particularly well in all five factors. Allied Van Lines follows in the rankings with a score of 812.
- Among customers who experienced loss or damage to their belongings, only one-half filed a claim with their moving company. Among those customers who experienced loss or damage to their property and did not file claims, 60 percent reported that the items damaged or lost were not valuable enough to be worth filing a claim.
- On average, there is a 59-day window between the day when a customer decides they are moving and the day their possessions are loaded onto a moving truck.
- The percentage of customers who used a moving company to pack their belongings has decreased by 10 percentage points from 2008 to 44 percent in 2009.
The 2009 Full-Service Moving Company Customer Satisfaction Study is based on responses from nearly 1,500 customers who used a full-service moving company during the past 12 months. The study was fielded between April and June 2009.
For More Information:
- View Full-Service Moving Company Ratings
- View Other Homes Ratings
- 5 Things To Do When Moving
- Read more Homes Articles
- Read the Press Release
- Follow JDPower.com on Twitter
Page 2 of 2