2010 Acura ZDX Preview
- Acura says the 2010 ZDX is a 4-door sports coupe that delivers "dramatic styling, outstanding performance, and the latest in advanced technology"
- Panoramic glass roof, hidden rear door handles, bold fender flares key components of Acura's "segment bending" design
- 3.7-liter V-6 engine with 6-speed Sequential SportShift automatic transmission
- 300 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
- Paddle shifters on the steering wheel
- Standard Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system (SH-AWD)
- Standard 19-inch alloy wheels
- Standard hand-stitched leather on the dashboard, door panels and center console
- Standard HandsFreeLink Bluetooth capability
- Standard power tailgate
- Standard USB and iPod stereo compatibility
- Available blind-spot information system
- Available multi-view rear camera
- Available navigation system with voice recognition
- Available AcuraLink traffic and weather reporting
- Available Acura/ELS premium audio system
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Priced between Acura MDX and Acura RL
Evidently deciding that BMW and Infiniti must know something it does not, Acura is moving fast to jump on the hopped-up, all-wheel-drive hatchback trend with the 2010 ZDX, which debuted at the 2009 New York Auto Show in prototype form. The production version of the 2010 Acura ZDX is scheduled to land on showroom floors this fall, set to battle the BMW X6 and Infiniti FX for a piece of the 17,208 sales these two models racked up in 2008.
"Hopped-up, all-wheel-drive hatchback" is our term. Acura refers to the ZDX as a "four-door sports coupe" but when we think of sports coupes, a Nerf on oversized wheels is not what materializes from the gray matter. Nevertheless, Acura's goal with the ZDX is to "blur the distinction between coupe, sedan and sport utility vehicle" while breaking new ground with "segment bending" design.
For more information:
Page 1 of 3