As a result of his vision, AutoNation not only secured its position as America’s largest automotive retailer, the company also distinguished itself as the industry’s standard bearer for customer focus, transparency and corporate success:
- AutoNation is the only retailer in history to have sold more than 10 million vehicles
- AutoNation’s annual revenue for 2016 surpassed the $21 billion mark
- AutoNation sells nearly 600,000 vehicles and services over 4 million vehicles each year
- AutoNation owns and operates over 370 new vehicle franchises in 260 stores in 16 states across the U.S.
- More than 26,000 associates choose to build their careers with AutoNation
- AutoNation is a member of the S&P 500
- AutoNation is a member of the Fortune 500, ranking in the top 150 companies
- AutoNation has been named America’s Most Admired Automotive Retailer by Fortune Magazine five times
- AutoNation dealerships continue to hold several positions on the coveted, Automotive News “Top 100 Best Dealership to Work For,” list every year
- AutoNation was named one of America’s best corporate citizens by Forbes Magazine and Just Capital
Previously, Mike Jackson served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Mercedes-Benz USA that oversaw the German automaker’s U.S. sales operation and 311 franchised dealerships. In that role, he helped create the vision and direction that led to the luxury vehicle brand’s rejuvenation in the U.S. He also has served as chairman of the Mercedes-Benz National Dealer Council. Fittingly, it was at a Mercedes-Benz dealership that Mr. Jackson began his automotive career, starting as a technician for a dealership. Mike Jackson attended Saint Joseph’s College in Philadelphia earning his degree in political science, 1971.