What's New for 2012:
- Color-coded exterior mirrors, power windows, power locks, and remote entry are now standard on Corolla L trim
- Steering-wheel audio controls, 16-inch steel wheels now standard on Corolla LE trim
- New double-stitched upholstery and upgraded radio on Corolla S trim
- Premium package now includes a touch-screen navigation system and voice-activated multimedia
The 2012 Toyota Corolla is a compact sedan offered in three trim levels. Fifteen-inch steel wheels are standard, with larger alloy wheels available on higher grades.
The 2012 Toyota Corolla offers seating for 5 passengers. Base Corolla models are configured with cloth upholstery, power mirrors, power locks, height-adjustable driver seat, and more. Higher trim levels are fitted with keyless entry, cruise control, upgraded cloth upholstery, and other premium accessories.
The options list for some trim levels of the 2012 Toyota Corolla includes an overhead console with a sunglass holder and reading lamps, Bluetooth phone connectivity, alloy wheels, and fog lamps.
Under the Hood
Toyota Corolla models are fitted with a 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine rated at 132 horsepower. The standard transmission is a 5-speed manual, with a 4-speed automatic optional. All Corollas are front-wheel drive.
EPA fuel-economy figures for the 2012 Toyota Corolla are:
- Toyota Corolla with manual transmission: 28/35 mpg (city/highway)
- Toyota Corolla with automatic transmission: 26/34 mpg (city/highway)
Standard safety features of note on the 2012 Toyota Corolla include side curtain air bags and brake assist. In National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) crash tests, the 2012 Toyota Corolla did not receive an overall or side crash rating, but did earn 4 (out of 5) stars for frontal crash and 4 stars for rollover protection. In tests conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the Corolla received a \"Good\" rating-the Institute's highest-for frontal-offset and side-impact crashes, and for roof strength. The Corolla was named an IIHS \"Top Safety Pick\" in 2011.