What's New for 2012:
- Completely redesigned seventh-generation model for 2012
- All-new freshened appearance
- Suspension enhancements to improve ride and handling dynamics
- Electric steering now standard on all models
- Knee air bags
The 2012 Toyota Camry is a midsize 4-door sedan, and is offered in four different trim levels. Sixteen-inch steel wheels are standard, with larger alloy wheels available.
The 2012 Toyota Camry offers seating for 5 passengers. Base trims feature cloth upholstery, air conditioning, full power accessories, cruise control, and Bluetooth phone connectivity. Upgraded trims are fitted with leather upholstery and other luxury appointments.
Nearly all of the options on the 2012 Toyota Camry are added by choosing more up-market trim levels. These include a satellite-based navigation system, dual-zone climate control, premium JBL audio system, heated seats, and more.
Under the Hood
Toyota Camry models are fitted with one of three different engines. Base trims feature a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine rated at 178 horsepower. An optional 3.5-liter V-6 engine is rated at 268 horsepower. The Camry Hybrid features a 2.4-liter gasoline engine and an electric motor. All Camry models are front-wheel drive, and come with a 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift mode (with paddle shifters on Camry SE).
EPA fuel-economy figures for the 2012 Toyota Camry are:
- Toyota Camry with 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine: 25/35 mpg (city/highway)
- Toyota Camry with 3.5-liter V-6 engine: 21/30 mpg (city/highway)
- Toyota Camry Hybrid with 2.4-liter hybrid gasoline electric powertrain: Est 31/35 mpg (city/highway)
Standard safety features of note on the 2012 Toyota Camry include side curtain air bags and knee air bags. A blind-spot monitoring system is optional. The 2012 Toyota Camry is an all-new model, so it has not yet been tested by the NHTSA or IIHS.