What's New for 2013:
Restyled exterior with LED lighting
Upgraded interior layout and trim
Turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
Intelligent parking brake
Standard color in-dash touch screen
Standard passive ignition system
Optional \"say what you see\" voice command system
Optional reversing camera with hitch-assist view
Optional Meridian premium audio systems
Optional navigation system offers improvements
Optional Cold Weather package adds heated steering wheel
Additional interior and exterior colors
The 2013 Land Rover LR2 is a compact 5-passenger SUV sold in standard, HSE and HSE LUX trim levels. Though the LR2 shares its platform with the Range Rover Evoque, it is designed for genuine off-road capability, with 8.25 inches of ground clearance and the ability to ford 19.7 inches of standing water, according to Land Rover.
Standard equipment includes 18-inch aluminum wheels, automatic xenon headlights with power washers, LED running lights, LED taillights, front and rear fog lights, rain-sensing wipers, heated power-folding exterior mirrors, and rear park-assist sensors.
The 2013 Land Rover LR2 is equipped with leather upholstery, 6-way power driver seat, dual-zone automatic climate control, keyless entry with passive push-button ignition, panoramic sunroof, and a 9-speaker audio system with an auxiliary audio input jack. For 2013, the LR2 receives a new 7-inch color touch screen and a new instrument cluster with a 5-inch information display.
With the rear seats in use, the LR2 offers 26.7 cubic feet of space. With the rear seats folded, the LR2 can carry 58.9 cubic feet of cargo.
Options for the base Land Rover LR2 include metallic or black lacquer interior trim, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, and satellite radio.
The mid-grade model is the LR2 HSE, which adds a reversing camera with hitch-assist, adaptive headlights, universal garage door opener, memory for the driver's settings, and approach lighting. The HSE model is also equipped with an 11-speaker Meridian premium sound system including HD Radio, satellite radio, USB port, iPod connection, auxiliary audio input jack, CD/DVD player, hard-drive music storage managed via a Gracenote database, and Bluetooth connectivity with music streaming capability.
The LR2 HSE LUX sits at the top of the lineup, and includes premium leather seats with double contrast stitching, 8-way power driver seat, 6-way power passenger seat, premium floor mats, and a 17-speaker, 825-watt Meridian premium surround-sound audio system.
Any Land Rover LR2 model can be upgraded with metallic paint, 19-inch aluminum wheels, navigation system, and a Cold Weather package including heated front seats, heated steering wheel, heated windshield, and heated washer jets.
Under the Hood
The 2013 Land Rover LR2 is equipped with a new turbocharged, direct-injection, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine generating 240 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 250 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,200 rpm.
A 6-speed automatic transmission with CommandShift sequential manual shifting is standard, routing power to a permanent all-wheel-drive system with a Haldex rear axle differential and Terrain Response technology. The Terrain Response system adjusts power delivery and traction systems to maximize grip according to four settings: general driving; grass, gravel and snow; mud and ruts; and sand.
A new regenerative braking system recharges the battery from captured kinetic energy created while braking.
As this overview is written, the EPA has not published official fuel-economy estimates for the 2013 LR2. Land Rover says the new engine is \"more economical\" than the old 3.2-liter inline 6-cylinder engine, which was rated by the EPA to get 17 mpg in combined driving. The mechanically identical Range Rover Evoque is rated to get 23 mpg in combined driving.
Every Land Rover LR2 is equipped with 7 air bags, including a driver's knee air bag. Additionally, this SUV includes a traction and stability control system, hill-descent control, Gradient Release Control, and 4-wheel ventilated disc anti-lock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist and Cornering Brake Control.
As this overview is written, neither the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) nor the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has performed crash tests on the 2013 Land Rover LR2.
2013 Land Rover LR2 Pricing, Specs & Reviews
Find Another Land Rover LR2
Among the Best (5 Power Circles)
|Name AWD 4dr||Transmission Automatic w/Manual Shift||MSRP 36400.00||Engine 2.0L/122||City/Hwy MPG 17/24|
|Name HSE (AWD 4dr)||Transmission Automatic w/Manual Shift||MSRP 36400.00||Engine 2.0L/122||City/Hwy MPG 17/24|
|Name HSE LUX (AWD 4dr)||Transmission Automatic w/Manual Shift||MSRP 36400.00||Engine 2.0L/122||City/Hwy MPG 17/24|
J.D. Power data for this year, make and model is not available at this time
Power Circle Scoring Legend:
- Grained leather seats
- 6-way driver/4-way passenger pwr front bucket seats
- 60/40 split rear bench seat
- Rear seat center headrest
- Cubby box w/sliding cover
- Leather wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel -inc: controls for audio, Bluetooth & cruise control
- Cruise control
- 5" TFT color message center w/analog clock
- Trip computer
- Dark chestnut finish interior trim
- Pwr windows w/front one-touch
- Pwr door locks
- Keyless entry
- Perimetric alarm w/immobilizer
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- (4) cupholders & (4) bottle holders
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror w/humidity sensor
- Sun visors w/illuminated vanity mirrors
- Cargo space pwr outlet
- Rear cargo cover
- Driver seat memory function w/(3) settings
- HomeLink garage door opener
- Front map reading lamps
- Footwell lamps
- Windsor leather seats w/double contrast stitching
- 8-way driver/6-way passenger pwr front bucket seats -inc: pwr driver lumbar support, cushion tilt
- Premium carpet mats
- 18" 10-spoke sparkle silver finish alloy wheels
- 18" all-terrain tires
- Temporary spare tire w/steel wheel
- Panoramic sunroof -inc: pwr sliding front panel, fixed rear panel
- Tailgate mounted spoiler
- Bright finish grille & fog lamp bezels
- Auto headlamps w/pwr washers
- Front & rear fog lamps
- Rear lamps w/graphic & LED stop lamp
- Privacy glass
- Body colored pwr heated mirrors
- Body colored door handles w/soft feel paint
- Rain sensing front windshield wipers
- Rear windscreen wiper
- Light gloss silver finish grille bar inserts, fender vents & rear finisher strip
- Gloss black grille surround
- Xenon headlamps -inc: auto headlamp leveling, LED signature
- Approach lamps
- Body colored pwr heated mirrors w/memory -inc: auto-dipping in reverse gear
- 2.0L 16-valve DFI VVT turbocharged I4 engine
- Push-button start
- 6-speed automatic transmission w/CommandShift -inc: sport mode
- Intelligent pwr system management(IPSM)
- MacPherson strut front suspension w/lower control arm
- Strut assembly rear suspension w/lateral & longitudinal links
- Front/rear anti-roll bars
- Permanent intelligent all-wheel drive
- Terrain Response -inc: (5) manual settings w/adjustments to engine settings, adjustments to transmission settings, adjustments to suspension settings, adjustments to traction settings
- Pwr rack & pinion steering
- 4-wheel pwr ventilated disc brakes
- Electric parking brake
- 4-channel all-terrain anti-lock brakes (ABS)
- Dynamic stability control (DSC)
- 4-wheel electronic traction control (4ETC)
- Electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD)
- Emergency brake assist (EBA)
- Cornering brake control (CBC)
- Hill descent control (HDC)
- Roll stability control (RSC)
- Front & rear crumple zones
- 7-airbag supplemental restraint system -inc: driver knee airbag, driver & front passenger airbags w/passenger sensor, front seat side thorax airbags, front/rear head airbags
- Rear door child safety locks
- (2) rear LATCH child seat anchor points
- Rear park distance control
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Daytime running lights
- Rear camera w/hitch assist
- Meridian 380-watt AM/FM stereo w/single-disc CD player -inc: (10) speakers, subwoofer, aux input, USB & iPod connectivity, 7" infotainment touch screen
- Bluetooth connectivity & streaming
- Meridian 825-watt AM/FM stereo w/single-disc CD player -inc: (16) speakers, subwoofer, aux input, USB & iPod connectivity, 7" infotainment touch screen