What Changed for the 2010 Honda CR-V:
- Standard 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine gets 14 additional horsepower and is more fuel efficient with 1 mpg increases for city and highway ratings
- Updated exterior styling with new grille, new hood, new bumpers
- New 10-spoke wheel design for the CR-V EX model
- Bluetooth hands-free connectivity included with optional navigation system
- USB port added to EX and EX-L models
- Revised stereo graphics with contrasting gray and black tones
- Compass added to EX and EX-L models
- Automatic headlights added to CR-V EX-L model
- Blue backlighting for stereo and multi-information display
- New seat fabric textures and dashboard trim
- New wider center armrests for front seats
- New door panel grip handles with rubberized finish
- Ivory interiors get dark brown carpeting to better hide stains
- Opal Sage Metallic and Polished Metal Metallic are new colors for 2010
The Honda CR-V is a crossover SUV. It made its bow in 1995 as a bigger, roomier version of the Civic. It underwent considerable redesign for 2010, adding a slightly more powerful and fuel-efficient engine, optional Bluetooth capability, and new detailing.
The 2010 Honda CR-V is available in the base LX trim, the EX, or the EX-L. The LX has 17-inch wheels and some standard power features, as well as a basic CD/MP3 sound system. A mirror in the overhead console helps parents observe their back-seat passengers. The EX trim upgrades the stereo system and the wheels, and adds a dual-level cargo area and a few extra features. The EX-L upgrades to leather upholstery and more automatic features, including dual-zone climate control. A navigation system with voice control is optional. Cargo space is 35.7 cu. ft. with the seats up, and 73 cu. ft. when they're folded down. The dual-level cargo area that comes with the EX model makes it easier to stow multiple smaller items.
The CR-V sole power plant is a 180-hp, 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine coupeed to a five-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel and Real Time all-wheel drive are available-the latter sends more torque to the rear wheels depending on driving conditions. The 2010 Honda CR-V gets 21 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway with front-wheel drive.
Safety features include antilock disc brakes, stability control, front side airbags and side curtain airbags, plus available parking sensors. A rear-view camera is optional on the EX-L trim.
The 2010 Honda CR-V started at $21,545.