What's New for 2013:
- Enhanced Safety package includes rear park-assist sensors, side blind-zone alert, and rear cross-traffic alert
- Technology package with MyLink, color touch-screen radio, reversing camera
- Standard Chevrolet MyLink with Bluetooth connectivity on higher trim levels
- Standard color touch-screen radio on higher trim levels
- Cruze LS optional 6-speed automatic transmission
- Driver Convenience packages for Cruze LT trims
- Three exterior colors have been added
Chevrolet sells the 2013 Cruze in LS, LT, LTZ, and Eco trim levels. All trim levels except the LS have aluminum wheels. The Cruze LTZ features fog lights, body-color side mirrors, and chrome door handles.
The 2013 Cruze LS is equipped with air conditioning, basic Bluetooth connectivity, power windows, power mirrors, power door locks with remote keyless entry, and a stereo with CD player, USB port, and an auxiliary audio input jack.
Higher Cruze trim levels feature cruise control, heated outside mirrors, power driver's seat, remote engine starting, and a reversing camera. Also available are a color touch-screen radio with Chevy MyLink and Bluetooth streaming audio, as well as leather, automatic climate control, premium Pioneer audio system, power sunroof, and a navigation system. An RS package offers sportier styling.
Under the Hood
A 138-horsepower, 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine is standard on the Cruze LS. All other Cruze models are equipped with a turbocharged, 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that generates 138 horsepower, but adds extra torque spread across a broader rev range. Both engines power the Cruze's front wheels through a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.
EPA fuel-economy estimates for the 2013 Cruze are as follows:
- Cruze LS with manual transmission: 25/36/29 mpg (city/highway/combined)
- Cruze LS with automatic transmission: 22/35/27 mpg
- Cruze LT/LTZ with manual transmission: 26/38/30 mpg
- Cruze LT/LTZ with automatic transmission: 26/38/30 mpg
- Cruze Eco with manual transmission: 28/42/33 mpg
- Cruze Eco with automatic transmission: 26/39/31 mpg
Every 2013 Cruze is equipped with 10 air bags, traction and stability control, anti-lock brakes, and 6 months of free OnStar services, including Automatic Crash Response. A reversing camera is available, and the Cruze can be equipped with rear park-assist sensors, side blind-zone alert, and rear cross-traffic alert systems. An available RemoteLink mobile application provides a FamilyLink vehicle location alert service.
As this overview was published, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) had not tested the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. However, the structurally identical 2012 model received a 5- (out of 5) star overall crash-test rating from the NHTSA. Also, the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze was named a \"Top Safety Pick\" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).