What's New for 2013:
- Redesigned wheel choices
- Mojave leather option
- Standard hill-start assist on manual transmission models
- ZL1-style shift knob on manual transmission models
- SS trim has Camaro ZL1's electric steering
- SS with manual transmission can be equipped with dual-mode exhaust
- 1LE Performance package for SS coupe with manual transmission
- ZL1 Convertible debuts
- Chevrolet MyLink and color touch-screen navigation optional
- Blue Ray Metallic paint color
The 2013 Chevy Camaro is available in coupe or convertible format with LS, LT, SS, or ZL1 trim levels. The new 1LE package adds a matte-black hood and black wheels to the SS trim. The ZL1 trim also receives unique exterior design features.
Both the Camaro coupe and Camaro Convertible are designed to carry 4 passengers in a retro-themed cabin.
Options for the 2013 Camaro include leather, Boston Acoustics premium sound, head-up display, color touch-screen radio, navigation, and an RS package for LT and SS trims.
Under the Hood
The Camaro LS and LT are equipped with a 3.6-liter V-6 engine creating 323 horsepower and 278 lb.-ft. of torque. Standard is a 6-speed manual transmission; a 6-speed TapShift automatic transmission is optional.
The Camaro SS has a 6.2-liter V-8 engine generating 426 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque with the 6-speed manual gearbox. With the TapShift automatic transmission, power ratings decrease to 400 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque, and the engine is equipped with Active Fuel Management cylinder-deactivation technology to help improve gas mileage.
For 2013, the SS coupe with a manual transmission can be equipped with a dual-mode exhaust system and a 1LE package. Included in the 1LE upgrades are improvements in the transmission, engine cooling, suspension, and wheel and tires, which are designed for greater track performance.
The Camaro ZL1 has a supercharged, 6.2-liter V-8 engine generating 580 horsepower and 556 lb.-ft. of torque. Standard is a 6-speed manual transmission; a 6-speed automatic transmission is optional.
The SS trim with manual transmission and the ZL1 have standard Performance Launch Control.
EPA fuel-economy estimates for the 2013 Camaro are:
- Camaro 2LS: 19/30/22 mpg (city/highway/combined)
- Camaro V-6 with manual transmission: 17/28/20 mpg
- Camaro V-6 with automatic transmission: 18/27/21 mpg
- Camaro SS with manual transmission: 16/24/19 mpg
- Camaro SS with automatic transmission: 15/24/18 mpg
- Camaro ZL1 with manual transmission: 14/19/16 mpg
- Camaro ZL1 with automatic transmission: 12/18/14 mpg
Every 2013 Camaro is equipped with a traction and stability control system, enhanced with a Competitive/Sport mode on SS and ZL1 trims. Also standard are 4-wheel-disc brakes with brake assist, fortified by Brembo calipers on the SS and ZL1. OnStar service with Automatic Crash Notification is included, and the Camaro coupe can be equipped with an available reversing camera (standard on Camaro Convertible).
The 2013 Camaro coupe gets a 5- (out of 5) star overall crash-test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). As of this writing, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has not crash tested the 2013 Camaro.