Ford Offers Holiday Finance Terms on Certified Used Cars
Ford’s “Ready-check-Go” certified pre-owned (CPO) website (www.ford.com/certified-used/) allows used car shoppers to scroll through tabs with features of the automaker’s CPO vehicle program. A cute squirrel warms up the shopping process in a short video on the home page emphasizing the 172-point inspection that is performed on each Ford CPO vehicle by factory-trained technicians.
Like most other automaker CPO programs, Ford certified used vehicles are no more than 6 years old (2010 model year) and have fewer than 80,000 miles on the odometer. The vehicles are sold only through approved Ford CPO dealers. If repairs are necessary to get a vehicle up to spec, all replacement parts are also factory-authorized.
As outlined on Ford’s CPO website, the certified used-car program includes the following items:
- Carfax vehicle history report
- Comprehensive road test
- Inspection of exterior and interior features
- Diagnostics under the hood, underbody, and all systems, including batteries and motor in hybrids
- All scheduled maintenance is performed
The website also has a FAQ section about Ford’s CPO program in addition to a section on warranties and other benefits. The home page leads off with a CPO explanation, a pulldown Research tab to explore models available, current incentive offer update, and an inventory search and financing tab with a credit application.
The national Ford CPO pool and model-year range is listed with individual online brochures for the following vehicles:
Cars: Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, C-Max, Taurus, and Mustang (range from 2010-2016)
Crossovers: Edge, Flex
Hybrids and EVs: Escape Hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Fusion Energi, and Focus Electric
SUVs: Escape, Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Expedition
Trucks: Transit Connect, F-150, F-250/F-350 Super Duty, Transit, Ranger, and E-Series
Ford also features a pulldown shopping tools tab that takes a consumer through a build-and-price section with competitor comparisons. Searching for the right model in Ford’s national inventory also details how to find a dealer and current offers. In addition, a shopper can request a local quote. A credit app from Ford Credit on the site also includes an estimator for monthly payments and trade-in value of a shopper’s current vehicle.
Through Jan. 4, 2016, for qualified buyers, Ford is promoting its CPO vehicles with 2.9% APR financing for 66 months through Ford Credit, its captive finance firm.
All Ford CPO vehicles come with the following benefits:
- 12-month/12,000-mile comprehensive limited warranty that covers more than 1,000 components from the engine to safety systems that is transferrable to future owners at no cost
- 7-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty from original sale date
- Service visits include a deductible of $100 per visit
- One year of complimentary 24-hour roadside assistance including travel-expense reimbursement up to $500 if there is a breakdown, plus rental car and emergency transportation reimbursement
- Copy of Carfax vehicle history report
- Eligibility for special promotions and interest rates through Ford Credit
- 3-month free trial subscription for CPO vehicles equipped with SiriusXM satellite radio and SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link feature for select CPO vehicles with navigation systems
- Extended service plans are available