Recall Roundup: Volvo to Fix Curtain Air Bag Component in S90, V90 Cross Country, XC90 Vehicles
During the past week, Volvo Car USA recalled a number of 2017-model-year cars, wagons, and SUVs to address the vehicles’ curtain air bag system. Following are details of the Volvo recall.
2017 Volvo S90
2017 Volvo V90 Cross Country
2017 Volvo XC90
- Number of vehicles affected: 5,529
- Issue: The bolts that secure the inflatable curtain (IC) air bags in place may break, possibly resulting in the IC air bag deploying improperly in the event of a crash.
- Remedy: Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the bolts, as necessary, free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin April 1, 2017. Owners may contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-458-1552.
- Manufacturer recall number: R89714
- NHTSA recall number: 17V104000