Recall Roundup: Nissan Titan, Titan XD Pickups Recalled to Address Rear Seat Belt Safety Issue
During the past week, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US (FCA US), General Motors (GM), and Nissan North America (Nissan) recalled more than 91,000 light passenger vehicles, from the 2016 through 2018 model years. Various motorcycles and heavy industrial vehicles were also recalled.
Details for each safety recall follow, in alphabetical order by car brand.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2017 GMC Sierra 1500
- Number of vehicles affected: 29,647
- Issue: The owner's manual may be missing instructions on how to use the tether anchorage and child restraint anchorage systems.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will provide a corrected insert for the owner’s manual free of charge.
- Timing: The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), or 1-800-462-8782 (GMC).
- Manufacturer recall number: 17307
- NHTSA recall number: 17V487000
2016-2018 Infiniti Q50
2017 Infiniti Q60
- Number of vehicles affected: 14,192
- Issue: The affected vehicles are equipped with a 2.0-liter engine. Incorrect fuel pump control module (FPCM) software may allow the fuel level in the main tank to be too low to supply fuel to the engine, causing the engine to stall while driving.
- Remedy: The manufacturer will notify owners, and Infiniti dealers will reprogram the FPCM with corrected software free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin August 21, 2017. Owners may contact Infiniti customer service at 1-800-662-6200.
- NHTSA recall number: 17V476000
2017 Jeep Renegade
- Number of vehicles affected: 3,002
- Issue: Due to a software issue, multiple malfunction indicator lamps may illuminate on the instrument panel when no malfunction exists.
- Remedy: The manufacturer will notify owners, and dealers will update the instrument panel control software free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin September 16, 2017. Owners may contact FCA customer service at 1-800-853-1403.
- Manufacturer recall number: T50
- NHTSA recall number: 17V485000
2016-2017 Nissan Titan Crew Cab, Titan XD Crew Cab
- Number of vehicles affected: 44,264
- Issue: In the event of a crash, the rear seat belt assembly may not adequately protect the occupant's head, allowing it to contact the D-ring bolt trim cap.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will install energy-absorbing material to the C-pillar finishers and replace the seat belt bolt and bolt cap free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin September 26, 2017. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- NHTSA recall number: 17V268000