Recall Roundup: Ford Recalls 2006 Ranger Pickups to Replace Faulty Air Bag Inflators; Mercedes, Nissan Also Announce Recalls
By Joseph Dobrian, January 15, 2018
During the past week, Ford Motor Company (Ford), Mercedes-Benz USA (Mercedes), and Nissan North America (Nissan) recalled a total of just over 4,100 light passenger vehicles, from the 2006 and 2016-2018 model years. The recalls involve problems with air bags, seat belts, and tires.
2006 Ford Ranger
2006 Ford Ranger
- Number of vehicles affected: 2,700
- Issue: Upon deployment of the driver and passenger frontal air bags, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflators to explode.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, instructing them not to drive their vehicles. Dealers will replace the frontal air bag inflators with alternate inflators free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin January 16, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
- Manufacturer recall number: 18S02
- NHTSA recall number(s): 18V022000, 18V023000
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT, GT R, GT C, GT S
- Number of vehicles affected: 1,263
- Issue: Mercedes is recalling certain model-year 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT, AMG GT R, AMG GT C, and AMG GT S vehicles. The seat belts may bind within the guidance loops, possibly causing slack in the seat belts.
- Remedy: Owners will be notified of the recall in January 2018 and will receive a second letter when the parts become available, currently expected to be in February 2018.
- Timing: Owners may contact Mercedes customer service at 1-877-496-3691. Mercedes will notify owners, and dealers will reconfigure the seat belt guides free of charge.
- NHTSA recall number: 18V826000
2016-2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e 4Matic
- Number of vehicles affected: 64
- Issue: The tire-pressure label on the B-pillar lists incorrect seating capacity and front and rear tire dimension information.
- Remedy: Mercedes will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the tire-pressure label, replacing it as necessary, free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin in January 2018. Owners may contact Mercedes customer service at 1-877-496-3691.
- NHTSA recall number: 18V828000
2018 Nissan Versa Note
- Number of vehicles affected: 111
- Issue: During deployment of the side curtain air bag, a component of the air bag inflator may detach.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the side curtain air bags free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin February 8, 2018. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- NHTSA recall number: 18V837000