Recall Roundup: FCA to Replace Concentric Water Pumps on Cummins Diesel-Equipped Ram Heavy Duty Pickups
During the past week, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US (FCA US) recalled 443,712 Ram trucks from the 2013-2017 model years. All recalled vehicles feature Cummins 6.7-liter turbodiesel engines and Concentric-brand water pumps. Additionally, Nissan North America (Nissan) recalled more than 800 Infiniti Q50 and Q50 Hybrid vehicles from the 2017 model year.
Details for each safety recall follow, in alphabetical order by car brand.
2017 Infiniti Q50, Q50 Hybrid
- Number of vehicles affected: 814
- Issue: The driver's frontal air bag inflator may have been improperly welded.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver-side air bag inflator free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin October 30, 2017. Owners may contact Infiniti customer service at 1-800-662-6200, option 7.
- NHTSA recall number: 17V571000
2013-2017 Ram 2500
2013-2017 Ram 3500, 3500 Cab Chassis
2013-2017 Ram 4500 Cab Chassis
2013-2017 Ram 5500 Cab Chassis
- Number of vehicles affected: 443,712
- Issue: The affected vehicles are equipped with Cummins 6.7-liter turbodiesel engines that have Concentric-brand water pumps without a vent hole. These water pumps may leak coolant.
- Remedy: FCA US will notify owners, and dealers will replace the water pumps free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin November 1, 2017. Owners may contact FCA customer service at 1-800-853-1403.
- Manufacturer recall number: T51
- NHTSA recall number: 17V562000