Recall Roundup: BMW Recalls 2005-2008 7 Series for Faulty Door Latches
During the past week, a total of just over 49,000 light passenger vehicles were recalled by BMW of North America (BMW), Ford Motor Company (Ford), and Toyota Motor (Toyota). The largest recall affects 45,484 BMW 7 Series vehicles from the 2005 through 2008 model years.
Details for each safety recall follow, in alphabetical order by car brand.
2005-2008 BMW 7 Series
- Number of vehicles affected: 45,484
- Issue: BMW is recalling certain 2005-2008 745i, 745Li, 750i, 750Li, 760i, 760Li, and B7 Alpina vehicles equipped with both the Comfort Access and Soft Close Automatic options. In these vehicles, the doors may appear to be closed and latched, but, in fact, may inadvertently open.
- Remedy: The manufacturer has not yet provided a remedy for this recall.
- Timing: Owners may contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417 or e-mail BMW at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
- NHTSA recall number: 17V328000
2017 Ford Explorer
2017 Ford F-150
2017 Ford F-250/F-350/F-450/F-550 Super Duty
- Number of vehicles affected: 2,204
- Issue: Ford is recalling certain 2017 Ford Explorer, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 vehicles equipped with a manual driver's seatback recliner mechanism. In the event of a crash, the seatback frame may not restrain the occupant due to having inadequate welds.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat back frame free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin on June 5, 2017. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Manufacturer recall number: 17C08
- NHTSA recall number: 17V332000
2013-2017 Toyota Tundra
2013-2017 Toyota Sequoia
- Number of vehicles affected: 1,325
- Issue: The affected vehicles are accessorized with Southeast Toyota accessory 20-in. Rockstar wheels installed by Southeast Toyota or a Southeast Toyota dealer. The Rockstar wheels were installed with lugnuts that may crack and detach.
- Remedy: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will install new replacement lugnuts free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin June 23, 2017. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-866-405-4226.
- Manufacturer recall number: SET17A
- NHTSA recall number: 17V311000