Recall Roundup: 2016-2017 Toyota Tacoma Recalled for Oil Leak; Ram ProMaster Vans Have Incorrect Air Bag Label
During the past week, a total of more than 350,000 light passenger vehicles were recalled by various automakers. The largest recall comes from Toyota Motor (Toyota), which recalled 227,732 Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks from the 2016 and 2017 model years. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) recalled more than 100,000 ProMaster vans while Nissan North America (Nissan) and General Motors (GM) issued smaller recalls.
Details for each safety recall follow, in alphabetical order by car brand.
2017 Buick LaCrosse
- Number of vehicles affected: 11,246
- Issue: The rear suspension toe links may have been incorrectly installed, and, as a result, they may loosen and disconnect from the rear suspension system.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the left and right rear suspension toe-link assemblies, correcting their installation as necessary, free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin June 20, 2017. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300.
- Manufacturer recall number: 17168
- NHTSA recall number: 17V267000
2017 Nissan Versa, Versa Note
- Number of vehicles affected: 509
- Issue: The ring plate that secures the air bag cushion to the passenger frontal air bag assembly may fail, possibly causing the air bag to deploy improperly in the event of a crash.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag module free of charge.
- Timing: The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- NHTSA recall number: 17V275000
2014-2017 Ram ProMaster Vans
- Number of vehicles affected: 113,896
- Issue: The sun visor, dashboard labels, and owner's manuals incorrectly state that the vehicles are equipped with frontal driver and passenger advanced air bags when they are not.
- Remedy: FCA will notify owners, and dealers will correct the sun visor labels, dashboard (hangtag) label, and the owner's manual and user guide information free of charge.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin June 9, 2017. Owners may contact FCA customer service at 1-800-853-1403.
- Manufacturer recall number: T24
- NHTSA recall number: 17V273000
2016-2017 Toyota Tacoma
- Number of vehicles affected: 227,732
- Issue: Oil may leak from the area where the rear differential carrier is assembled to the rear axle housing.
- Remedy: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear differential for oil leakage. Based on the inspection, dealers will either tighten the fastening nuts or replace the fastening nuts and gasket. If the rear differential components are damaged, the rear differential carrier assembly will be replaced. The repairs will be performed free of charge to the vehicle owner.
- Timing: The recall is expected to begin June 12, 2017. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331.
- Manufacturer recall number: H0G
- NHTSA recall number: 17V285000