J.D. Power to Release 2014 APEAL Study Findings on July 23
By Jeff Youngs, July 21, 2014
The results of the J.D. Power 2014 Automotive Performance, Execution, and Layout (APEAL) StudySM are scheduled for release on July 23, 2014, and will reveal the top-ranked models for overall vehicle appeal in 23 different vehicle categories. The annual APEAL study measures how gratifying a new vehicle is to own and drive based on survey responses covering 77 different vehicle attributes. Survey respondents have owned their new vehicle for at least 90 days prior to providing feedback.
J.D. Power has conducted this study for 19 years and redesigned it last year in order to better reflect the latest in-car technology and features. In 2013, the APEAL Study found that models with higher APEAL scores command higher prices, remain in dealer inventory for shorter periods of time, and are more likely to instill brand loyalty in a buyer.
Additional highlights from the 2013 APEAL Study included:
- Volkswagen Group earned the most segment awards
- Chevrolet earned the most awards among individual brands
- The most appealing model was the redesigned 2013 Land Rover Range Rover
- Porsche was the highest-ranked nameplate in the study
Details associated with the J.D. Power 2014 APEAL Study will be available on and after July 23, 2014.
- View 2013 APEAL Study Results
- View 2013 APEAL Study Ratings
- View all Automotive Study Ratings
- View all Automotive Study Articles