Infographic: 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study Key Stats
The J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality StudySM (IQS), published since 1987, examines problems experienced by original vehicle owners during the first 90 days of ownership. Initial quality is determined by the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100), with a lower score reflecting higher quality.
This year’s study shows a 4% improvement in quality. Once again, the Korean brands outperform their Japanese, domestic, and European competitors. And, Genesis ranks highest overall for the first time.
In the infographic that follows, we present some key statistics and findings from the 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study.
Copy and paste this code to share the infographic on your website.
- Top-Ranked Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in the J.D. Power 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study
- Learn More about the 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study
- 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study: New-Vehicle Quality Improves; Genesis, Kia, Hyundai Lead the Field in Brand Rankings
- View 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study Ratings
- View All Automotive Study Ratings
- View All Automotive Study Articles
- Search Local Inventory