Hyundai Shopper Assurance Program Provides At-Home Test Drives, No-Haggle Pricing, 3-Day Return Policy
Hyundai is introducing a program to give consumers an easier, faster, digital sales experience that provides a 3-day money-back guarantee for shoppers unhappy with their purchase. The Hyundai Shopper Assurance program, which rolls out this week in Miami, Orlando, Dallas, and Houston, provides a more user-friendly, flexible car-buying experience that Hyundai officials say features four major elements:
- Transparent pricing on the dealer website to reveal a fair market price that factors in incentives and discounts to reduce negotiating time.
- Test drive flexibility allows consumers to arrange test drives online at HyundaiDrive (https://www.hyundaiusa.com/hyundai-drive) by contacting a dealer or by using a custom app available in some markets. Prospective buyers may choose their own location for a test drive—home, office, or even a coffee shop.
- Streamlined purchase time lets shoppers complete most paperwork (including applications for financing, credit approvals, calculating payment estimates, and determining trade-in values) online before visiting the dealership for a vehicle that’s been selected from a dealer’s inventory.
- Three-day money back guarantee provides a full refund to a consumer dissatisfied with a purchase or lease when the vehicle is returned in a specified 3-day period after a dealer inspection. The vehicle must have fewer than 300 miles on the odometer from purchase or lease date.
The new Shopper Assurance sales experience program appears to be tailored to today’s digitally-connected, younger consumers who rely on apps and communicating via their smartphones.
Saturn brand created its own haggle-free sales experience through a network of selected Saturn dealers. Recently, Tesla has pushed the envelope with its nearly complete online sales process and pickup from company-owned stores.
Hyundai will launch Shopper Assurance in all of its U.S. stores in early 2018. For more details, visit https://www.hyundaiusa.com/shopperassurance.
- Hyundai Car, Truck & SUV Quality, Dependability & Performance Ratings
- 2017 Hyundai Buyer's Guide
- Search Local Inventory