New for 2017: Genesis
Genesis 2017 Model Overview
Genesis is the new luxury brand from Hyundai Motor Co. Previously used on a performance-oriented coupe and an upscale sedan, the Genesis name and its winged logo will be applied to a planned range of six luxury models. For 2017, the lineup contains the G80, which is the previous Hyundai Genesis sedan, and the G90, which effectively replaces the Hyundai Equus.
Detailed highlights for each 2017 Genesis car model are shown on the pages that follow.
2017 Genesis G80
- Name change from Hyundai Genesis to Genesis G80
- Additional driver-assistance and collision-avoidance technologies come standard
- New Genesis Experience ownership benefits, including free scheduled maintenance, valet service, and Genesis Connected Services for 3 years or 36,000 miles
- Continues to offer choice between 3.8-liter V-6 and 5.0-liter V-8 engine
- Rear-wheel drive (RWD) is standard; all-wheel drive (AWD) is optional with the V-6
2017 Genesis G90
- New flagship sedan replaces the Hyundai Equus
- Twin-turbocharged, 3.3-liter V-6 or 5.0-liter V-8 engine
- Standard RWD; optional AWD system
- Everything comes standard, including Genesis Experience ownership benefits