New for 2013: Toyota Trucks, Utilities and Vans
For 2013, Toyota makes few changes to its truck lineup, although it must be noted that as this 2013 Toyota Truck buying guide is written, the company has yet to announce any news about the 2013 RAV4 models with gasoline engines. Otherwise, significant news is limited to the 2013 Land Cruiser, which is updated with new styling this year, and now includes everything except for accessories from the Toyota dealer as standard equipment. The Highlander and Venza crossover SUVs also receive extra attention for 2013, and both Toyota's Display Audio touch-screen radio and navigation system and the Entune smartphone pairing and mobile application service are more widely available.
2013 Toyota 4Runner
The 2013 Toyota 4Runner is a midsize 5-passenger SUV equipped with body-on-frame construction and genuine off-roading capability. It is sold in SR5, Trail and Limited trim levels, each equipped with a 270-horsepower, 4.0-liter V-6 engine. The SR5 trim is offered with rear- or part-time 4-wheel drive. The Trail trim is equipped with numerous features designed to help it perform better off-road, and comes standard with part-time 4WD. The Limited trim is equipped with rear-wheel drive or a full-time 4WD system.
- SR5 trim loses its transfer case lever in favor of a dash-mounted switch
- Optional automatic running boards for SR5 and Limited trims
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser is a midsize 4-passenger SUV designed for serious off-roading. The FJ Cruiser offers rugged body-on-frame construction, a 260-horsepower, 4.0-liter V-6 engine, and rear- or 4-wheel drive. A Trail Teams Special Edition package adds heavy-duty suspension components, rock rails, electronic locking rear differential, active traction control system, and all-terrain tires to help make it as off-road ready as an FJ Cruiser can be from the factory.
- Standard power exterior mirror with illuminated markers
- Cement Gray paint color for Trail Teams Special Edition
- Magma Red paint color for other FJ Cruiser trims
2013 Toyota Highlander
The 2013 Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid offer seating for up to 7 passengers in 3 rows of seats. For the Highlander, Toyota offers a choice between a 4-cylinder or V-6 engine with front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional with the V-6 engine and standard with the gas-electric hybrid powertrain. The 2013 Highlander is offered in standard, Plus, SE, and Limited trim levels. The Highlander Hybrid is available in standard and Limited trim.
- New Highlander Plus trim level with 3.5-inch multi-information display, reversing camera, easy-clean fabric for the seats, power lumbar for the driver seat, roof rails, opening rear window glass, cargo cover, metallic interior accents, fog lights, and more
- Standard Display Audio system for base, Plus and SE trims
- Standard Display Audio and navigation for Highlander Hybrid model
- Optional Leather Premium package for Highlander Hybrid with power sunroof, leather seats, heated front seats, universal garage door opener, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and leather and metallic interior trim
2013 Toyota Land Cruiser
The 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser is an 8-passenger SUV equipped with what the automaker characterizes as "uncompromising go-anywhere capability." For 2013, it is equipped one way, with everything as standard equipment. A 381-horsepower, 5.7-liter V-8 engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission are standard, along with a 4-wheel-drive system fortified by Multi-Terrain Select traction and stability control, Crawl Control, locking center differential, and a Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System.
- Restyled inside and out
- Everything comes standard
- Pearl White paint choice added
2013 Toyota RAV4 EV
An electric version of the front-wheel-drive Toyota RAV4 went on sale at the end of the summer of 2012, available only in California with a 3-year sales target of 2,600 units. It is equipped with a Tesla-sourced electric powertrain, offers 100 miles of range, and can be recharged in 6 hours using a 240-volt charger. As this buyer's guide is written, Toyota has not announced changes to RAV4 models equipped with a gasoline engine.
- RAV4 EV model available in California
- No changes announced for other RAV4 models as this buyer's guide is written
2013 Toyota Sequoia
The 2013 Toyota Sequoia is a full-size, 8-passenger SUV built on the same platform as the Toyota Tundra pickup truck. It is equipped with a 381-horsepower, 5.7-liter V-8 engine, 6-speed automatic transmission, and rear- or 4-wheel drive. Buyers select from SR5, Limited and Platinum trim levels, and when properly equipped, the Sequoia can tow up to 7,400 pounds.
- 5.7-liter V-8 engine is now standard
- Blu-Ray rear-seat entertainment system
2013 Toyota Sienna
The 2013 Toyota Sienna is an 8-passenger minivan offered in L, LE, SE, XLE, and Limited trim levels. The Sienna is the only minivan offered with optional all-wheel drive, and for 2013, Toyota makes a handful of significant changes to its people hauler.
- 3.5-liter V-6 replaces 2.7-liter 4-cylinder as standard engine
- Standard easy-clean fabric seats for LE trim
- Standard 8-way power driver seat for LE trim
- Standard 4-way power front passenger seat for LE trim
- Standard triple-zone automatic climate control for LE trim
- Optional blind-spot monitoring system for SE/XLE trims (standard on Limited trim)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
The 2013 Toyota Tacoma is neither a compact pickup nor a full-size pickup, landing solidly between the two in terms of its dimensions. Regular-, extended-, and crew-cab body styles are available, with a 159-horsepower, 2.7-liter 4-cylinder or a 236-horsepower, 4.0-liter V-6 engine. A manual gearbox or automatic transmission drives the rear or all four of the Tacoma's wheels. Standard, Pre-Runner and X-Runner models are available, with option packages adding SR5, TRD Off-Road, TRD Sport, or Limited trim. Properly equipped, a Tacoma can tow up to 6,500 pounds and carry a 1,535-pound payload.
- Standard Display Audio system
- Standard daytime running lights
- Luxury-oriented Limited package with heated SofTex leatherette front sport seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming mirror, reversing camera, universal remote control, outside temperature display, metallic interior trim, chrome exterior trim, fog lights, and 18-inch chrome wheels
2013 Toyota Tundra
The 2013 Toyota Tundra is a full-size pickup truck offered in regular-, extended-, or crew-cab body styles. Standard, Limited and Platinum trims are available, and the Tundra is offered with a choice between a 270-horsepower 4.0-liter V-6, 310-horsepower 4.6-liter V-8, or a 381-horsepower 5.7-liter V-8 engine. A 4-wheel-drive system is optional. Maximum towing capacity is 10,400 pounds, and the Tundra can carry a payload of up to 2,090 pounds when properly equipped.
- Platinum trim with heated and ventilated front seats, perforated leather upholstery, navigation system, power sunroof, fake wood interior trim, and more
- TRD Rock Warrior package now available on Tundra Limited trim
- Chrome package now offered with three different wheel choices
2013 Toyota Venza
The 2013 Toyota Venza is a 5-passenger crossover SUV sold in LE, XLE and Limited trim levels. A 181-horsepower, 2.7-liter 4-cylinder engine is standard for the LE and XLE trims, driving the front wheels through a 6-speed automatic transmission. A 268-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 engine is standard for the Limited trim. All-wheel drive is optional.
- Updated exterior styling with new grille, fog lights and taillights
- Standard blind-spot side mirrors
- Standard turn signal indicators in exterior mirror caps
- Standard exterior puddle lighting
- Optional Entune multimedia system
- Black interior color
- Three additional exterior colors