New for 2013: Acura
For 2013, Acura launches the new ILX compact luxury sedan and the redesigned RDX compact luxury crossover SUV. The TSX sport sedan and sport wagon; the popular TL midsize luxury sedan; and MDX midsize luxury crossover SUV are unchanged, while the ZDX luxury crossover receives minor updates. Acura is also readying a completely redesigned RL flagship luxury sedan for 2014, and plans to reintroduce the Acura NSX as a hybrid sports car for the 2015 model year.
2013 Acura ILX
The Acura ILX is a new entry-level luxury sedan based on the Honda Civic. It is available in 2.0L, 2.4L, and Hybrid models, and features Bluetooth connectivity, SMS text messaging, Pandora Internet radio streaming, automatic climate control, and keyless entry with push-button ignition as standard equipment.
- ILX 2.0L with 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine and 150 horsepower
- ILX 2.4L with 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine and 201 horsepower
- ILX Hybrid with 111 combined horsepower, which gets 39 mpg in the city
- Optional Premium package adds leather, heated front seats, improved sound system, multi-view reversing camera, Xenon headlights, 17-inch aluminum wheels, and more
- Optional Technology package includes navigation, upgraded climate control, and an Acura/ELS premium audio system
2013 Acura MDX
The 2013 Acura MDX is a midsize luxury crossover SUV equipped with 7-passenger seating, 300-horsepower V-6 engine, and a Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive (SH-AWD) system. There are no changes from 2012 to the 2013 MDX.
2013 Acura RDX
The Acura RDX is completely redesigned for 2013, switching from a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine to a more powerful and fuel-efficient V-6 and swapping the available SH-AWD drivetrain for a simpler all-wheel-drive solution.
- All versions include a new 273-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 engine
- A new 6-speed automatic transmission is standard
- New Pandora Internet radio, SMS text messaging capability
- Multi-view reversing camera is standard
- Keyless entry with push-button ignition is standard
- All-wheel drive with Intelligent Control is an option
- Available Technology package adds navigation, premium sound, Xenon headlights, upgraded climate control, power tailgate, and more
2014 Acura RLX
Due to arrive early in the 2013 calendar year, the all-new 2014 Acura RLX replaces the 2012 Acura RL as the luxury brand's flagship sedan.
- Standard 310-horsepower V-6 engine with front-wheel drive and new Precision All-Wheel Steer technology
- Available Sport Hybrid SH-AWD powertrain with combined 370 horsepower and projected 30 mpg in combined city/highway driving
- Midsize exterior, full-size interior
2013 Acura TL
Traditionally, the midsize TL sedan is the best-selling model in the Acura lineup. Offered in standard and SH-AWD trim, and equipped with a 3.5-liter or 3.7-liter V-6 engine, the Acura TL rolls into 2013 without modification after a substantial refresh in 2012.
2013 Acura TSX
The Acura TSX is, essentially, the European version of the Honda Accord dressed up as an entry-level luxury car for the U.S. market. It is powered by a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder or a 3.5-liter V-6 engine, and is offered in sedan and sport wagon body styles. There are no changes from 2012 to the 2013 TSX.
2013 Acura ZDX
The Acura ZDX is an unusual entry in the luxury crossover SUV marketplace, as it is designed with a rakish fastback appearance that restricts rear-seat and cargo capacity, compared with the MDX, upon which it is based.
- Revised exterior styling
- New technology features
- Now sold in a single level of trim