5 Fast Facts About the 2014 Ford Fiesta
1) Though the 2014 Fiesta continues to offer the same 120-horsepower, 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine as the 2013 model year, the news for this year is a new, turbocharged, 1.0-liter EcoBoost 3-cylinder engine option. This higher priced engine delivers 123 horsepower, a modest increase over the standard engine, but generates nearly 25% more torque while delivering what Ford claims will be more than 40 mpg on the highway.
2) A new performance-tuned Fiesta ST model debuts for 2014, equipped with a turbocharged, 1.6-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine that Ford says will generate 197 horsepower and 214 lb.-ft. of torque. Those output figures make the "Sport Technologies" version of the Fiesta more powerful than a Mini Cooper S. The Fiesta ST is also equipped with torque vectoring control, lowered sport suspension, upgraded braking system, faster steering, and bigger wheels equipped with stickier tires.
3) The 2014 Ford Fiesta will be offered with an optional MyFord Touch infotainment system and a Sony premium audio system with HD Radio. These features are enhancements to an options list that also includes Sync hands-free connectivity and music streaming, as well as Sync AppLink technology that allows the driver to operate applications on a paired smartphone through the Fiesta's infotainment system.
4) For 2014, the Ford Fiesta offers MyKey technology, which allows the car's owner to program certain safety-related settings. For example, the parents of teenage drivers can set a maximum top speed with warning alerts leading up to that velocity, set a lower maximum volume limit, program incessant seat belt warning chimes, remove the ability to turn off the stability control system, and more. The 2014 Fiesta receives an overall crash-test rating of 4 stars (out of 5 stars) from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) . The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety had not rated the 2014 Fiesta when this article was written.
5) To help ensure that the 2014 Fiesta is distinguished from the models that preceded it, the latest iteration is equipped with revised front styling incorporating a grille design similar to that on the Ford Fusion. Additionally, the 2014 Fiesta is offered in new paint colors and with new wheel designs. The Fiesta ST gets a look all its own, including a unique grille with a black mesh insert, redesigned front and rear bumpers, rear diffuser panel, 17-inch aluminum wheels, and available Molten Orange paint.
- 2014 Ford Fiesta Preview
- 2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan Summary, Photos & Specs
- 2013 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Summary, Photos & Specs
- 2012 Ford Fiesta Quality Ratings
- Ford Car & Truck Quality & Dependability Ratings
- 2013 Ford Cars Buyer's Guide