5 Fast Facts About the 2013 Toyota Prius c
1. The 2013 Prius c is a sub-compact car with room for four passengers. It is offered in numerically titled trim levels called One, Two, Three, and Four. For the 2013 model year, the Prius c Two and Prius c Three gain soft leatherette trim on the vehicle's dashboard, while the Prius c Four is equipped with leatherette for the steering wheel.
2. Unexpected standard features for the 2013 Toyota Prius c include automatic climate control, a 3.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) display screen with hybrid drivetrain and trip computer information, a tilt/telescopic steering wheel, turn signal indicators embedded in the side mirror caps, LED taillights, Bluetooth hands-free calling and music streaming, and a stereo including a USB port, an iPod controller, and an auxiliary audio input jack. The vehicle can carry 17.1 cu. ft. of cargo behind its rear seat.
3. Options, available by upgrading to higher trim levels, include a passive entry and push-button ignition system, a Display Audio infotainment system with HD Radio and a 6.1-inch color touchscreen, satellite radio, a navigation system, Entune mobile application services, a power sunroof, aluminum wheels, and leatherette seats.
4. The 2013 Prius c is equipped with a 1.5-liter 4-cylinder gasoline engine, an electric assist motor powered by a nickel-metal hydride battery pack, a regenerative braking system, and a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The car offers EV, Eco, and Normal driving modes, and because it is a full hybrid rather than a mild hybrid, it can travel short distances and low speeds operating solely on battery power. The combined horsepower rating is 99, and the 2,500-lb. Prius c is rated to get 53 mpg in the city, 46 mpg on the highway, and 50 mpg in combined driving.
5. Toyota equips the Prius c with nine standard air bags, a traction and stability control system, anti-lock brakes with brake assist, and Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL) front seat designs. A Smart Stop system is also standard, making it impossible for the Prius c to accelerate if the brake pedal is pressed. In crash tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Prius c receives a 4-star overall rating (out of 5 stars). The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety designates the Prius c a "Top Safety Pick."