5 Fast Facts: 2017 Lincoln Continental
The 2017 Continental large premium sedan is Lincoln’s new “classic” flagship car. It is built on a modified Ford Fusion architecture and seats 5. Launching this fall, the new Continental heralds “old world” luxury and a more modern style as the successor to the Lincoln MKS.
These five fast facts about the 2017 Lincoln Continental may help you in your search for a large premium car:
1) Basic power is from a 3.7-liter V-6 engine that produces 305 horsepower with front-wheel drive (FWD). An optional, turbocharged 2.7-liter engine that generates 335 horsepower with all-wheel drive (AWD) is another choice. For supreme power, a 400-horsepower, 3.0-liter twin-turbo V-6 with torque vectoring is available. Fuel-economy ratings for the base model average an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in combined city/highway driving. All engines are partnered with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
2) Inside the Continental sedan are comfort and tech features such as 30-way power seats with in-door seat controls and a rear-seat package with heat, massage, and lumbar support. Scottish soft leather is a premium feature. Natural-pattern wood trim is available and is offered on higher-end versions in espresso swirl ash to brown swirl walnut. Also new, a digital instrument cluster allows for three display selections.
3) Trim levels include base Premier with parking sensors, rearview camera, and HID headlights; Select with 19-in. wheels, hands-free trunk release, and extra USB ports in the rear-seat area; and Reserve, which adds blind-spot monitoring, power heated/cooled seats, and a power sunshade, among features. Black Label trim is also available with three feature editions created by designers: Thoroughbred, Chalet, and Rhapsody. It features membership privileges, including extended maintenance, special restaurants, and remote vehicle delivery.
4) Optional Technology and Select Plus packages add driver-assistance features, including a 360-degree camera, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping and pre-collision warning, auto-hold braking, plus blind-spot monitoring. A Climate package adds heating features, and a Rear Seat package provides extra comfort features.
5) The 2017 Lincoln Continental is also equipped with newest-generation Sync 3 connectivity and a premium Ultima Revel audiophile sound system with 19 speakers, part of the Luxury package.