5 Fast Facts: 2017 Jaguar XE
Jaguar began selling the new 2017 XE entry-level compact premium sedan in May of 2016. The brand’s new 5-seat luxury sedan—a welcome replacement for the former X-Type—is built on a lightweight, modular, mainly aluminum platform that allows Jaguar to pay full attention to performance, agility, handling, and ride—essential to Jaguar DNA.
Here are five fast facts about the 2017 Jaguar XE:
1) The mainly aluminum chassis provides a firm, precise ride with Jaguar precision tuning, handling, and braking systems, according to the automaker. Styling is thematic Jaguar: a long hood, athletic stance, and curves in the sheetmetal. When powered by a supercharged V-6 engine the XE can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds, Jaguar says. On the inside, the cabin has clean surfaces and new materials for seating and trim.
2) Trim levels include XE, Premium, Prestige, and R-Sport. The basic XE with a choice of turbocharged gasoline or turbodiesel engine rides on 17-in. alloy wheels and is equipped with Jaguar’s InControl infotainment system and a tilt/slide moonroof. The next three trims add upscale interior seating, higher-end audio systems, advanced safety systems, and additional wheel choices.
3) Three engines are available for rear-wheel-drive (RWD) and all-wheel-drive (AWD) XEs with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics control. The basic XE can be powered by a turbocharged, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 240 horsepower and 251 lb.-ft. of torque or a fuel-efficient 180-horsepower turbodiesel. The XE Premium and Prestige add a third engine option—the 3.0-liter supercharged V-6 that generates 340 horsepower. All engines are matched with the ZF 8-speed automatic transmission.
4) Upscale optional features include available mood lighting, luxury leather upholstery choices, and advanced driver-assistance systems. The R-Sport trim includes exterior and interior sport body kits that feature a sport front bumper, spoiler, satin chrome blades, and side vents plus a race car-inspired interior with Luxtec and mesh inserts and aluminum materials.
5) Four accessory packages allow for more personalization of the 2017 Jaguar XE. The Carbon Fiber, Styling, Lifestyle, and Business groups add special accessories in different materials for mirror covers, side vents, floor mats, and sports and travel storage.