5 Fast Facts: 2016 Volvo XC60
The 2016 Volvo XC60 doesn’t change much except for the addition of tech and premium features and new efficient engines. The Swedish-styled compact premium SUV, with 67.4 cu. ft. of cargo space and many safety features, was last redesigned in 2010, and may have a redo late in 2017.
Five fast facts about the 2016 Volvo XC60 are offered for your research on 5-passenger premium crossover SUVs:
1) All trim levels of the 2016 XC60 are powered by the new Drive-E group of 4- and 5-cylinder turbocharged engines that produce between 240 and 250 horsepower with comparable torque ratings. The high-end sporty R-Design trim gets a supercharged turbo 2.0-liter engine that makes 302 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque.
2) Five trim levels are organized by engines and drive systems: T5 Drive-E, T5 AWD, T6 Drive-E, T6 AWD, and T6 AWD R-Design. Standard equipment on all includes front and rear fog lamps, heated mirrors, power front seats, dual-zone climate control, and keyless entry.
3) The Premier designation adds a sunroof, roof rails, power passenger seat, plus leather upholstery plus wrapped steering wheel. Platinum trim adds premium audio, navigation, and a rearview camera, while the R-Design features 20-in. wheels, panoramic roof, lighting systems, and a unique instrument panel and shifter, among additions.
4) All XC60s for the 2016 model year include Volvo’s City Safety System with an infrared sensor that automatically brakes when a collision is anticipated. A “Top Safety Pick+” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the 2016 Volvo XC60 also earns a 5-star (out of 5) overall rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
5) Personalization can be done with an Inscription package that includes leather upholstery in four colors, embroidered headrests, leather-topped console, and 20-in. wheels. A Climate package includes heated front and rear seats, while the Technology package offers adaptive cruise control and collision- and lane-departure warning systems, among advanced features.