5 Fast Facts: 2016 Volvo S60
The 2016 Volvo S60 comes in several versions, in front-wheel (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD): T5 Drive-E, S60 T5 AWD, S60 T6 Drive-E, and S60 T6 R-Design AWD. New for 2016 are standard 17-in. “Pallene” alloy wheels; 19-in. “Portia” diamond-cut alloy wheels added to the 19-in. Sport package; optional 18-in. “Skadia” alloy wheels on the T5AWD; and new exterior colors including Magic Blue, Osmium Grey, and Onyx Black.
Here are five more facts about the 2016 Volvo S60:
1) The S60’s standard 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder turbocharged engine generates 240 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft. of torque and works with an 8-speed Geartronic automatic transmission. The S60 T6 Drive-E employs both a turbocharger and a supercharger for the 2.0-liter engine, increasing output to 302 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque.
2) The S60 T5 Drive-E Inscription edition features 3 additional inches of wheelbase length and legroom. It’s available in Premier and Platinum trim levels. Standard features include personalized power steering (FWD models), speed-sensitive steering (AWD models), 18-in. “Titania” diamond-cut alloy wheels, rear park-assist camera, contour seats, wood inlays, interior accent lighting, Interior Air Quality System (IAQS), power rear window sunshade, rear side window sunshades, rear bumper chrome strip, chrome frame around Volvo Sensus display screen and air vents, coat hanger in silk metal, LED license plate light, Inscription badge on the rear decklid, silk metal on power window buttons, additional sound-deadening material, and Inscription doorsill moldings.
3) The S60 T5 AWD Inscription features a standard 2.5-liter, 5-cylinder turbocharged engine that makes 250 horsepower and 266 lb.-ft. of torque, working with a 6-speed Geartronic automatic transmission.
4) Stand-alone options include metallic paint, Urbane Wood or Piano Black wood inlays, heated front seats, premium Harman Kardon sound system, keyless drive, sport seats, dual-screen rear entertainment system, and many safety enhancements.
5) When Sport mode is selected or when using paddle shifters, the S60’s Advanced Quick Shift feature improves gear change speed by 20-30% on third to sixth gears and up to 50% from first to second, according to Volvo.