5 Fast Facts: 2016 Volkswagen Jetta
The 2016 Volkswagen Jetta features a new turbocharged, 1.4-liter direct-injection engine that replaces the 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine in the S model and the 1.8T in the SE and SE with Connectivity. This new engine makes 150 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque. The new MIB II system offers USB and VW Car Net App-Connect, allowing owners with these systems to access select apps from their smartphones directly through the vehicle’s head unit.
Here are some more facts about the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta:
1) All 2016 Jettas come equipped with the automatic post-collision braking system, while the Driver Assistance package (available on TSI SEL and SEL Premium versions) now includes adaptive cruise control and forward-collision warning and auto emergency braking (Front Assist) in addition to a blind-spot monitor with rear traffic alert.
2) The coupe-like incline of the front windshield and the consistent use of horizontal lines define the exterior design. The Jetta’s radiator grille features three cross fins; bi-Xenon headlights with an adaptive front-lighting system are available. Fog lights mounted in the outer areas of the bumper are available. On the Jetta 1.8T, the radiator grille has a closeable shutter, which improves aerodynamics and fuel efficiency, and provides greater thermal control, according to VW.
3) The Jetta’s interior features 38.1 inches of rear-seat legroom. The Jetta offers 15.5 cu. ft. of usable trunk space, which can be increased by folding forward the 60/40 split rear seatback. The rear seatback is also offered with a pass-through to help accommodate longer items, such as skis. Trim options include interior piano black and chrome accents and ambient lighting.
4) Premium features offered on various trims include: 6-way power driver’s seat; leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel; dual-zone automatic climate control; sunroof; soft-touch dashboard; two-tone V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces; heated front seats and windshield washer nozzles; MIB II infotainment with a 6.3-in. touch screen, USB connection, and VW Car-Net App-Connect; Fender premium audio system; and keyless access with push-button start.
5) Available security-related features include automatic crash notification, Manual Emergency Call, roadside assistance, and stolen-vehicle location assistance.