5 Fast Facts: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser
Toyota updates its fully-equipped Land Cruiser large premium SUV for 2016 with new exterior and interior design embellishments. Advanced safety technology, a new 8-speed automatic transmission, and the latest Entune infotainment system are added standard equipment.
1) Land Cruiser, which seats eight, receives new bumper, grille, and projector-beam LED headlights that are self-cleaning. Rear bumper and taillights with chrome molding also are redone. Riding on redesigned 18-in. alloy wheels, Land Cruiser can pull a trailer with up to 8,100 lbs with standard Trailer Towing package.
2) No factory options are needed for the 4WD SUV. Land Cruiser is powered by a 5.7-liter, V8 engine that produces 381 horsepower and 401 lb.-ft. of torque, mated with Toyota’s first 8-speed automatic transmission for quicker acceleration. EPA estimated fuel efficiency is 13 mpg in the city; 18 mpg on the highway for a combined 15 mpg.
3) Land Cruiser offers luxury amenities inside such as new semi-aniline perforated leather seats in black or new Terra (brown) with Deep Wood trim , but still is known for its rugged construction, hydraulics and suspension stabilizers that give it off-road capability.
4) Advanced driver assist systems are standard this year, including Toyota’s Safety Sense-P system featuring frontal collision avoidance and mitigation systems; lane departure alert; auto high beams and radar cruise control. Blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert also are standard as is a backup camera.
5) Toyota’s upgraded 2.5 Entune multimedia system is standard with Siri Eyes Free mode and a 9-in. display screen as is a rear-seat entertainment system with dual 10-in. screens. Wireless phone charging and a touchscreen-controlled premium 14-speaker JBL audio system with navigation are standard.