5 Fast Facts: 2016 Toyota Camry
The Toyota Camry, America’s best-selling passenger car model, doesn’t change much for 2016 after receiving a bolder, sleeker redesign for 2015. Toyota’s midsize family sedan features a more upscale interior with standard rearview camera and new, optional tech features including wireless phone charging.
If you are looking for a midsize sedan that seats 5, has a smart look and sportier suspension, here are five fast facts about the 2016 Toyota Camry:
1) Five trim levels begin with the base LE and end with the upscale XLE with extra advanced telematics available. Three sportier trims include SE, XSE, and a new Special Edition trim with new colors, darkened taillights, special instrument cluster, unique interior accents, and 18-in. alloy wheels. The SE, XSE, and new Special Edition trim all feature sport-tuned suspension. Interiors offered for various trims include a range of upholstery choices with cloth, leather, or ultrasuede.
2) The 2016 Camry is powered by a standard 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine that generates 178 horsepower and is EPA-rated at 25 mpg city/35 mpg highway. A 3.5-liter V-6 that delivers 268 horsepower is optional. Both engines are partnered with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The Camry also is available as a gasoline/electric hybrid with EPA-estimated 41 mpg combined fuel economy.
3) Toyota’s Entune infotainment system plus navigation with 3 years of traffic/weather/sports information is offered along with various audio and navigation packages and an optional 7-in. touch-screen display.
4) Extra safety features include a Technology package with pre-collision warning, adaptive cruise control, lane-departure alert, and automatic high beams. Upscale XSE and XLE trims are available with a blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert.
5) The 2016 Camry received 5 (out of 5) stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in crash tests, and earns a “Top Safety Pick+” designation for crashworthiness and protection from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).